Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

here we go again... surgery #2...

salty444ssalty444 Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Had laminectomy, diskectomy on may 12th of this year. Totally messed up same level and headed for a revision on Jan, 11. Going for my pre-op clearance appointment tomorrow. Dr said he is trying to buy me a few more years before I need to have a fusion. Just not looking forward to this again. Hopefully I do not mess it up again. My disc space is fading quickly. Wish they would have just done the fusion right from the start rather than beat around the bush
advertisement

Comments

• That is too bad that you are having two surgeries in less than a year, and knowing that you might need another in the future (fusion). Just wanted to wish you all the best.
    Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Salty,

Sorry to hear you are facing another surgery. I hope this one works for you! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Best wishes...good decision!
    I went for a revision in Feb 2010 (after failed MicroD in August 2009). I am doing pretty good. I've had a few scares (lost my footing a few times but rebounded really well). I haven't gotten feeling back but I've regained a lot of leg/ankle strength. I hope to progress more and like you, goal is to hold off on fusion as long as possible...maybe even never.

I have very little disc at L5-S1...surgeon told me if I herniate a little more I might not even notice. I'm 41 and the doctor is hopeful I'll never see him again but at a minimum he'll be pleased if he buys me 5 years b/c of how quickly technology is advancing.

p.s. My surgeon used nerve monitoring on my 2nd surgery. I swear it is why the recovery was easier the 2nd time around. You might want to ask if it's an option.

Keep us posted. It stinks having to go through another surgery so quickly but sounds like the doctors are optimistic!