Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can Epidural Fibrosis cause back and leg pain?

DC42DC42 Posts: 23
My Dr. who preformed surgery told me that my constant back pain and leg pain is from the scar tissue choking out my S1 nerve root where he removed the chunk of disc that was loged there. The problem is I felt ok for about the first 4 or 5 months. Now the back pain isnt dull its in one specific spot left side of my spine and the leg pain is the same as before surgery which was over 1 year ago. It got worse while doing heavy lifting 6 months after surgery and it's got worse from there so im having trouble believing its from scar tissue. I have heard thats what they tell you when they can't find anything else wrong. Also I have heard your nerve heals 1mm a day and it hurts all the way to my foot. I can trace the path of numbness down the back of my leg to my knee, so i dont think im healing at all. Anybody else have similar problems?

• I have the same problem since my L4-5 fusion. Extensive scarring at L4,L5,S1. I have horrible back, hip, groin, leg and feet pain, and numbness in both legs.

I had three endoscopic caudal approach lysis of adhesions over a 7 week period. I am now left with more intense pain, as well as more intense numbness in my legs and my feet and toes are solidly numb, which is so painful in this cold weather.

Not sure what the answer is, or if there is an answer. Going to a new PM doctor in the AM. I will let you know if he has any insight into the scarring.

Sorry that you are suffering with this problem.