Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Quick question...

PollyRPPollyR Posts: 411
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Spinal Injections
Have any of you ever felt like you have the raging FLU after cortisone steroid injections? Also alot of mood swings?? Last night after my cervical one...I just sat and bawled like I was a little baby...and this morning I feel just like I have a bad case of the flu...??

Just thought I would ask....

And is it true that you can "catch" sick bugs after these easier than normal..I just found out the family that rents the house that is connected to my office are ALL sick!! :jawdrop:

Sorry I guess it wasnt a quick question..:)

• My guess is that you were already getting sick which made you feel bad last night. And now today it just bloomed.

Both of my kids are sick and I am keeping my fingers crossed....
  • I have however always gotten the facial flushing and hot flashes from steriods..had it with my knee injections and back injections..also with the Medrol dose pack.
  • I had that feeling when they gave me an esi and they wanted to do three. I told the doc about that and he said it wasn't likely to be caused by the shot its something when you here others talkin about this. I thought it was just my reaction but maybe it is a sideeffect that they haven't said anything about. Interesting to here from others about this. I hated thous shots and they never done a thing but caused bad sideaffects for me. I feel after reading other posts about them that they are a big croc and another way to screw us out of money.
  • I've never gotten any reactions like that. I'm inclined to go with Kris. You probably got exposed to the flu, and it manifested for you last night. I hope you're feeling better soon. Usually the flu runs its worst 3-5 days, but you can drag for a while after that. Gentle *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Oh Kris, Tonya, Saw and Brenda....I am feeling a little bit better, flu wise, this afternoon....still having the I feel burning up but dont have a fever and the mood swings....a song on the radio made me cry!!

Can there be THAT much differance between the lumbar and cervical injections?? Oh I didnt get to tell you all yet but I have issues at C2-3, 4-5 and 5-6....Lots of good news...NOT!! LOL.
  • Polly,

Just try and rest and keep hydrated to help push it out. As for the other levels, as you can see by my signature, I hear ya there sister! *HUGZ* :)

• Thank you Brenda...I am feeling a tiny bit better today...I was determined to sleep better last night and I did..YEAH ME!! lol. I am just praying that the roids kick in here soon...I am hurting today...Well thats not a big surprise, is it?? ;)

I have a company Christmas party to do tonight...wish I didnt have to..would much rather just hang out at home with Hubby and daughter and my Bed Buddy that I finally got;)

How are you doing today Hun?? I hope you are having a wonderful low-pain day!!
  • Glad you are feeling better. Hopefully that nasty little bug is gone soon so you can enjoy the holidays and its activities.

As to the "company Christmas party", don't miss that one! Politics "R" us!! My boss was pissed at me one year because I refused to go. He said "I can order you to go." I retorted back, "Umm no you can't, not if I am required to pay for it, and too take time off from work for it." That shut him up - I couldn't stand him and his games anyways!! (G)

Keep healing woman!!! Rest, rest, rest... :)

• Hey Brenda, How you feeling today???

I have been having some severe arm pain, I am guessing I should call it nerve pain, it has been so bad that I can only lift my arm to a certain point and then there is no strength!! Also I have been getting these sharp little zinger pains of electric coming from my neck and shooting up the back of my head...NO FUN!! I have been praying that this injection helps but it seems like its just made everything worse!!!
  • Howdy Polly,

Instead of spreading out my gift wrapping, I did it all yesterday, and paid for it today in Spades! I've been in bed all day until a couple of hours ago. Fading again too... Grrr Will I ever learn? (G)

Sorry to hear about your arm. Been there, done that, still do that! What gets me is muscle wasting. I'm now getting some along my radial nerve in my forearm. Sigh...You are keeping your doctor up to speed on your arm right? Mine expedited surgery when the weakness kept increasing. Weakness is the biggie, then pain, then numb, all around function. Keep him up to date, okay? Gentle *HUGZ*

• I was just reading threw here and I saw your pain isn't getting better. Like Brenda said sometimes when things that the dr is doing aren't working you need to keep a little log and don't be afraid to read the whole thing to the dr. I did that for a while I even took a marker before I saw the dr and drew out exactly where the pain was so he could see it and I didn't have to try to point hard when it is your back. Good luck hope ya feel better and can enjoy some of the holidays without alot of pain.

• Hey Mark...yeah thats what I have been doing...and its alot!! LOL...I am just worried about the weakness....not a good thing!! Thank you for your sweet thoughts!! They mean alot!!
  • Hope you're feeling better hun!! It's terrible to be sick at this time of year, and not be able to enjoy everything as you should.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own