Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

December surgery

sawinlogsssawinlogs Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have not seen a December surgery post yet. If there was one I am sorry. I had my 360 fusion L4-S1 with all the hardware on 12-9-10. I have had an ok recovery so far. The worst of my recovery was a week of no bm s but other than that no problems so far. I am currently still in quite a bit of pain if I miss a dos of meds. Staying indoors since the weather hear in KY has not been the greatest to get out and do any walking is not easy. I have never been inside for a whole day as long as I can remember. I hope everyone has rapid recovery and as pain free as can be.

• Mark,

Good to hear your doing well as well gets following fusion surgery. Be sure to stay up on your meds so you can stay ahead of the pain.

As far as walking? Did your surgeon tell you how much you should be doing? One thing that has always helped me following a surgery is a pedometer so I know that each day I am increasing. Your right living in the cold states is a harder go to get the walking in. But, one thing you might see if you can get to a mall and do some walking there. If the malls are to busy check out one of the larger do-it-yourself stores(hardware), as they don't have nearly the traffic right now. It might also absorb you into looking at things that you don't notice as much. I would call ahead and make sure they have scooter available in case you want to use it on and off.

Congrats on being on the other side though and just follow all the doctors instructions and don't forget the no BLT. Keep us posted on how your doing. Oh by the way if your really bored pop in the chat there are plenty just to cheer you up or ask any questions you might have.
  • you are in my prayers.

AL S
  • Thanks Al

Thanks Tamtam I never give the hardware stores a thought. That is my kind of place. I usually am guicky in and out of thos places. Doc says to walk as much as I can and let my back be my guide. The mile tracker is a good idea also. I wounder how many others had surgery this month.

Thanks to everyone that posts.