Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Update on Al (asignor908) back in Hospital Decenber 14 surgery

asignor908aasignor908 Posts: 339
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, back in hospital,just go my laptop brought to me today so I could try to get in touch. After I gave my mission accomplished speech on the deck of the Titanic, I started having horrific pain in my right hip, and right leg. Pain meds where doing pretty much nothing. Just a few short hours later walking at all was a tearful and ugly event. I could not sit or stand even with a riser on the toilet. I would try to sit on my bed to get back in, but I would start to sit and pain went wild so i would just fall in yelping like a puppy. I was taken later that night by ambulance to nearest hospital. Then trasfered again to the hospital that did surgery where I have been since on heavy meds and steroid which may be helping, if not they may open me up again :T and see what caused all this since my right leg and hip didn't have these proplems at all before. Hope you guys will keep me in your prayers, I am in the unknown at this point, they were giving me so much pain meds ny 02 sats got down to 70 So I tried to skip some doses, but pain is worening. Please write me a post, alone in the hopital is a bummer. I am in a lot of pain and worried about the rematch. Anything anyone con offer would be great.

• Al,

I'm so sorry you're going through this. It has to feel like a nightmare in progress. I am glad that they got you over to where you had your surgery, as that surgeon and his team *should* be able to hopefully find out what is going on.

Hopefully the gang on here will get together and add words (hugz, it will get better, we are there for you, feel better soon) of support for ya darlin. Al, we are here, and I for one am sending you warm thoughts, and powerful positive energy. Big gentle *HUGZ* to ya!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • ty.ave just have wait
    AL S
  • Al,

You're Welcome my friend. I just know its got to bite to be going through this alone. We are here for ya now that you are once again connected by the net!! :)

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's not something serious requiring further intervention. Try and rest when you can. Okay? *HUGZ*

• This has got to be hell. But hang in there, and hopefully the docs will figure it out. Just like alot of others, and me, your story could be happening to any of us, and we are all real worried for you and hope things work out. Just don't give up on the docs yet as they only want to do what's best for you, and do it once.

• SpineAZSpineAZ WiscPosts: 1,084
    Keep us updated and I hope they are at least able to get the pain under control while they figure out what is going on.
    2 ACDFs, 2 PCDF, 3 LIFs; Rt TKR; Rt thumb fusion ; Lt thumb arthroplasty; Ehlers Danlos 
  • Gosh, I'm really sorry that this is happening, and I do hope that they get your pain under control and soon!! I hope you can rest Al. I'll be thinking of you and sending out my prayers.
  • That is a horrihle hummer al"( I am sending up prayers from you and for our doctors too!!!!!!!!!!!! Thatyou will soon feel much much better!!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks to all, I will always strive to be faithful especially to God. I am still taking sterriod and I think they're helping. Pain is better and movetment seems to be better. I pray this will be a permanet fix and I can go home soon.

Thanks my friends and keep up the prayers.

AL S
  • Have just sent you a "War and Peace" size PM so that should fill in sometime for you.

Prayers for you always.
  • Sounding better and better Al! I will continue to send you POSITIVE energy that this trend continues! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers my friend. Big "gentle" *HUGZ* :) Soooo happy you're feeling better.

• So sorry to hear of your problems. I hope the steroids is what you need and you will be home soon. Take care. I will be watching for an update! Gentle hug sent your way! Fondly,Robin
  • Thanks for your concerns and posts, oh and the war and peace.
    AL S
  • Hi AI

As if the trauma of surgery were not enough for you! I'm glad to hear you are getting some relief from the pain. As everyone else says you are in the right place and I'm sure they will be able to diagnose the issue.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you.

VERY gentle >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • the steroids are helping to calm things al.
    i hope that your still improving and will get to go home soon, but like i said before , its good you were taken to the hospital, best place to sort out, what is going on

sending you more positve healing thoughts
  • Well it's a mixed bag, I was doing beeter yesterday and last night. Now this morning I am have bad pain and trouble whe I try to stand which appeared to be dissapearing as off yesterday with the stroids. I am still on the steroid pills, but I don't understand why standing is getting worse again. I JUST FEAR THEY ARE GOING TO WANT TO GO IN AGAIN TO LOOK AROUND FOR THE PROBLEM AS THEY SAID THEY might have to.(sorry for the caps)

Thank you for all you prayers and suppot.

Take care and hugz as well as prayers for your pain and procedures

AL S
  • have they done any scans? they will only go back in if they have too al, as i said , your in the best place right now, things will get better

i no it doesnt feel like that now, but things will eventually sort out

• I wrote a post to you a few hours ago, and am not sure what happened to it!

Anyway I am praying for you and will continue to pray throughout the day. You are not alone Al, God is there with you and I pray that you will feel His love and presence.

I really hope that they have now managed to get your pain under control and that whatever is causing it will settle down. It may be swelling from the surgery pressing on some nerves.

While I was in hospital for my surgery, there was a man in the next room who had to go in for them to take a look at what was causing his pain. He had a blood clot which was pressing on some nerves which they had to remove. Although going back in for surgery is not what any of us want, it certainly sorted out his pain and then he was able to continue with his recovery.

Your pain this morning may be due to being inactive during the night, and hopefully will settle down as you move about again during the day.

I will continue to pray for you Al; for calm and peace, healing and faith that He is in control of all this and that things will be ok. Keep trusting. :-)
    God bless you. >:D<
  • I never got the chance to post "welcome home" on your other post before this one showed up...I'm sorry.

Well, I know it really sucks having this problem, but if you're going to have it, you're in the right place where you can be watched and taken care of. I also hope they don't have to go back in but if they do, let's hope it permanently fixes the problem.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, my friend, and am waiting to hear good news from you. You have many friends and lot of support here - and we'll be here for you through it all.

• Hang in there Al I hope they find out the problem real fast. I was going to ask ya if you are still in Cinn. or your just from there. I had my surgery done at Christ Hosp. in Cinn so I was just wondering. Good luck keep us posted.
  • Best of luck to you, and just let the doctor's do their thing and get this figured out for ya.

Hopefully in no time you will be up chasing the nurses around, and your pain will be gone.

Your in our thought's and prayers.
  • I was discharged on the new steroid medicine and I will be leaving this hopital soon. I hope I continue to improve. Still having standing and sitting issues with pain, but much better.

Thanks again for ALL the WONDERFUL PRAYERS AND SUPPORT from all of YOU.

It meant a lot for you to be there for me and has been a tremndous comfort. I will keep you post wether I get better or worse. It's in God's hands now.

Hugs and Merry Christmas
    AL S

• Hi Al,
    I've just got back from our evening Carol Service and wanted to check in and see how you are doing.
    I have been praying for you all day. :-)

It sounds like the steroid medication is dealing with some swelling after surgery. Let's hope that it continues to calm down and that you will start to feel better each day. The first few days are hard after surgery. Once the healing gets underway you should start to feel better.

I always used to find that my pain was worse in the morning when I started to move after being in bed for several hours (I did also get up during the night, to walk to reduce the amount of stiffness that I felt). Also in the evening my pain seemed to be much worse; perhaps because I was tired so didn't cope with the pain so well.

I'll keep thinking of you and praying Al.

Take things easy and be patient with your body while it heals. :-)