Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hiya all :) Recently i had flu, then i coughed so much i jarred my lungs and ended up with pneumonia :S I am just about over that :) Then last week my baby grandson stared with a tummy bug (the doctor said it was somthing within him , it wasnt contagous, and he would pass it) ~X( Then saturday night my daughter came down with it she could not hold fluids,(cutting along story short) she was very poorly and was screaming in pain with tummy pain, then she started turning blue, i called an ambulance ~X( They were very good, she was severly dehydrated, and her blood preasure was in her boots, they took her to hospital and got fliuds into her , gave her pain relief, gas and air and morphine. Once they got fluids into her her colour started to come back :S Anyway, early hours saturday morning i came down with it, this bug is awful :& . The problem was i could not hold down my medication(i am on such a cocktail of drugs)and come midday sunday, i started withdrawel. I tried to take my meds but just could not hold them down :? Its tuesday , and i have not eaten since saturday, i feel weak, but i am thinking of trying a slice of toast! I need pain relief so i have to hold somthing down, i have the shakes and flu like symtons. This is awful has anyone had a problem like this before? If so any tips of what to do! I just can not understand why i am picking up all the germs that i am!

Thankyou for listening

Angie xx

• Yes, been there a couple times, get a hold of your Dr. Get his thoughts.
  • ...there's an epidemic of Percussis (whooping cough) going around and needs immediate treatment. The treatment is antibiotics and only serves to stave off contagion, not make you feel better - it has to run it's course.

I'm not saying that you or your family has this by any means, but you might go to the CDC website and look it up. When I was so sick a couple of months ago, I might have had that. My friend has it and has been quarantined in her home for four days until her antibiotics kick in. And because my hubby and I were exposed to her during her contagious period, we were contacted by the Colorado Center for Disease Control for information about what we should do and watch for, as well as everybody else she came into contact with. (They knew about my friend because once she was diagnosed, her doctor had a responsibility to report it to the Center.)

In any case, do call your doctor and talk to them about what's happening. They should (I hope) be able to help you. What a miserable feeling and I feel so bad that this is going through your household. This time of year is really bad for this kind of stuff.

Take care and keep us posted, ok?
  • If you can't get hold of your own doctor, I would consider calling the hospital to see if they can do any of your meds by injection; maybe they can give you a good anti-nausea drug as well.

Take care, and good luck. We've had a terrible stomach/intestinal flu circulating where I live, too - the Norwalk virus - and it travels (and hits!) hard and fast.

• Yes, the tummy killers have happened to me a few times. Knowing that w/d will worsen the symptoms, I usually make a point of getting them back in rotation asap.

• It might be possible your Dr can call you in some phenergan suppositories to stop the vomiting, and so that you can keep your meds down. I sure hope you all feel better soon..and in time for the Holidays.
  • Thankyou all for all your messages. I have been taking cyclizine for the sickness, i just do not understand why i keep picking up bugs. Since this bug i still feel weak, and have the shakes a little, and i am so tired. Anyway you all have a wonderful christmas, and speak soon. Angie xx