Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

RFA using Pulse Wave?

NumbskullNNumbskull Posts: 1,526
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in Spinal Injections
I don't know if that's the correct terminology, or if that's just the way my pm said it to explain it to me, but I had that done last week on the left side of my neck, at 5 levels. I've had the normal RFA done on both sides of my neck done earlier this year.

All I can say is WOW. Anyone who has had an RFA, doesn't need any explanation of how much it hurts!! Well, during the procedure, sure there was pain, but it was nowhere close to being as bad as the normal RFA. There was also no post-procedure pain either, just a little tender at the injection sites.

And, I can happily say, a week after having it done, that I've had only a few twinges here and there on the left side of my neck since!! It has been so great, and I hope this lasts a good long while! Now, just to get the right side done, lol.

He's doing the same procedure for my SI joint next month, too. I can't wait!

Anyways, just thought I'd share this, if anyone is up for an RFA in the future, maybe share this with whomever is going to do the procedure. My pm has decided to use this type, as the success rate has been that much better than the normal RFA.
Kelly
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement

Comments

• just wanted to add that he said the chances of developing that painful neuritis after is that much less than the RFA, which is what happened to me when I had the right side of my neck done. 6 months later, and I still have issues...
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Oh Kelly I am SOOOO happy that you are getting relief from that!!! You deserve that and much more pain-free/less in your life!!! I am doing the "HAPPY" dance....well kinda LOL:):) YEAH!!!! <:P =D>
  • My PMD did both sides of my neck on the same day back in Oct. It was sore for a while but ok now. I'm glad you are getting relief!