Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Your brain and pain tricks

I was surfing the web the other day and read somethings about how our brains can play tricks on us on how we can really be taken advantage of. The artical was on accidents and lawsuits. The artical said that many time with back injuries and accidents that if we did nothing but try to go on our marry way that 90% of the time common back issues like bulging disc and some nerve damage would go away. It went on to talk about how the brain works after an accident and you can feel pains that are not anything. I first handedly went threw this about 6 yrs ago after a car wreck. I went to the drs and he said things about whiplasthih and such. I talked to a friend that told me he would sue the insurance company in which I did. The lawyer said recovery was based on dr bills and such and to get all needed treatment. I went to chiros pt esi and had mri and did it all finally had enough still thought I had some pain but wasn't bad enough to do anything else. I told lawyer and he went onto settle the case inwhich he got a clear 50,000 and I had to reemberse for all medical bills so by the time said and done I got like 5 or 6 thousand dollars and spent a year doing it. My point is that if I had just let myself heal and taken a few advil or such I would of been in the same shape as I was after about 40,000 worth of treatments. I wounder if you realy think about it how many times has this happened and no wonder we spend so much on insurance. Things really need to change and laws need to be written to keep this from going on because we are the ones that pay for this even thou we think it is so great to get a couple dollars and not work for it. I sure hope these type of things can be stopped cause it is a big old rackit.

• I guess your in titled to your opinion but i'm sure that people who have had accidents on this forum wouldn't agree with it. Thats why there still hear. I agree that the body has a great healing potential but it not always that cut and dry. Some people need the therapies that come up after accidents and whose going to pay for it especially when the accident isn't there fault. Just because your happened to get better and am now wondering if you should have done things different doesn't mean that happens for everyone. Unfortunately allot of people who need that help don't get it because insurance co. prevent it. Its definitely a racket,but who gets the best out of it.Allot of the time not the people that really need it.