Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just had surgery for herniated bowel

EvelynEEvelyn Posts: 356
:H Anyone here had or is having surgery for herniated bowel??

Evelyn
Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
advertisement

Comments

• I was inducted into the *men's club* by my surgeon for the biggest femoral hernia he'd ever seen. LOL
    Just Do what the Dr says,take it eeeaaaasssyyyy!
    Sounds like you have had a lot goin on! Took me about 8 weeks,as I have a pretty physical job. No scar,I had a good surgeon. Gentle hugs,take your time!
  • Hi InAPICKLE

Thanks for answering! :H My DR said it would take 12 months for my inside to heal. I only took six weeks off from my volunteering job. I was so sick of doing nothing. :sick: I had Lap. Ventral Hernia w/mesh. The Hernia was 15 cm. :jawdrop: It was caused by my last surgery which was a 17 cm Tumor.

Needed the Hug! Thanks

Evelyn :H
  • i hope you have a rapid and successful recovery. of course you will have ups and downs, today sounds like a down day!! but you will get better every day! good luck! remember SH is always here for you! Jenny :)
  • Good to see you and hope you're healing well from your surgery. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :H Thank you so much. How are you both doing?? I will be three months post op on the 28th and I'm doing fine so far. I started with this forum about four years ago and they changed the website a few times and we had to register all over again but I do love posting here, just don't get to as much as I used to. Take care and have a really great day. Laters :H
  • :H So far I'm four months post op and am feeling good. Not allowed to lift more then ten pounds. I will be seeing a Liver Doctor next month, wish me luck. Love everyone, God bless you all!

• I hope all goes well with the GI Dr. and saying a prayer for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :H Hi Charry
    Long time no hear. I hope all is well with you and yours. I see the liver doctor wed. and I'm afraid it's worst then I think. :SS I was told I had a fatty liver in 08 and I have not done anything about it so now I pay the Piper!! :''( thank you for the prayer. :H

Laters
  • :H Thank God the visit went well. I still have to eat healthy, exersice and lose weight or I'm in deep doo doo. :))( Anywho, Since God gave me a second chance I think I'll take it. The hernia is getting better but sometimes I feel pain when bending or lifting. Here's hoping everyone has a really great day!

• I'm glad that your visit went well Evelyn :H
advertisement