Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neck, back pain for over a year

doubleMddoubleM Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Chronic Pain
hi im new here. for nearly a year and a half ive had pain in my neck and entire back. im 29 years old and have no injuries.
the problem is anytime i sit still for a certain amount of time, my neck tightens up. then i have to get up and loosen my self up again. when i wake up in the moring its the worst. the soreness and tightness goes from my neck into my upper back. my lower back and right leg also hurts.

ive tried EVERYTHING, it just wont let up. i can ice, heat, and take pain killers but it never goes away. ice and heat help with the pain, but only temporarily.
ive been to the chiropractor. all she really told me was i have a light loss of neck curve, and told me to do exercises, which didnt help at all.
ive tried vitamins. im currently taking magnesium citrate. it helps a little as a muscle relaxer but not much.

does anyone have advice for me?

• Certain types of arthritis are worse in the morning, but some feel worse with movement throughout the day. If you feel that you have tried everything, I suppose you will need to talk to your Dr., maybe s/he will order tests to see what is causing your pain.
  • i thought arthritis only had to do with the joints? i dont have any joint pain, its just muscle tension, soreness and pain. i cant think of anything that is causing. no matter what i do it hurts.
  • What do you think is causing your muscles to tighten up over night or during times of non-movement, and do you keep the temperature cool in your house? I have no idea, but it could be a symptom of Fibromyalgia.. or something else. The reason I'm thinking Fibro is because of the length of time you mentioned having this, and that it's worse in the morning or during times when you are still.
    I do know though, that muscle pain can be as painful as any other type, and sometimes my muscle spasms are the worst of my pain at certain times.. like you mentioned, after sitting still for a while, mornings, and for me after my shower I feel so much better for a short time, after my shower however is when I sit lotus style and meditate every evening. It is the most comfortable position for me, but after an hour I can barely move I'm so stiff.

Welcome to spine-health, and I hope that you get more thoughts from other members soon. You should talk to your Dr/s about this soon though because the cold weather is not going to help, and perhaps they can give you a muscle relaxer to help you manage that pain.
This discussion has been closed.