Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Success rate of bone spur laser removal

gmbuckalewggmbuckalew Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with bone spurs earlier this year and I just found out this morning my friend was diagnosed with them last week. However, our doctors are giving us two different treatment options. Mine told me laser removal would help whereas hers says they may have to burn the nerve root. I've been treating mine with massage therapy, heat when needed and muscle relaxers. She just found out about hers, had 2 steroid shots in the next which didn't work and is scared to death so I'm trying to relieve her and find out the success rate of the laser surgery. Does anyone have any info on this or know where I can find it? I gave her the @ to my dr but want to give her some info ASAP.
Thanks,
Gretchen
advertisement

Comments

• In blue box on top page put in bone spurs and search

Lots of infor

Jim
  • Gretchen,

Howdy and Welcome to Spine Health!! As to the removal of bone spurs (osteophytes), the key is simple. If the cause of them forming is not removed, many times (not all), they can return, and back to square 1. Your body tries to 'fix' you with them where weakness or other issues is identified to protect you. Unfortunately, sometimes the spurs cause further problems.

Ask your doctor whether laser treatment will result in "more likely than not" that they will stay away; you might want to ask what other options are out there if they are likely to return after treatment. Just my thoughts based on my own spurs. I hope you all find relief.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.