Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Husband and Wife Back Pain

kirstytxkkirstytx Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in New Member Introductions

I don't know if there is any other post like this. My husband in two years went through five surgeries and three injections. He had to retire from his job because he could not do his job with the back injury of L5-S1. If you can believe on top of this two months before we were married I got run over by a golf cart. We were using a ride from a golf cart because of his injury. My husband went to go thank the driver and I got out the other way. He did not see me and turned the wheels the other way and saw what he done did it again. I just found out 18 months later that I have a bulge. The hard part for me is that it has caused me not be able to drive. Which I had no trouble before. For my husband, since it has happened he struggles he can't be as active as he used to. I have trouble consoling him because I don't feel well as well. Any suggestions??

• I'm sorry for the pain you two are going through, and I hope somehow it gets better.

I've never really been in this exact situation, but I think it is always hard to be as helpful and supportive to someone when you're experiencing similar problems as they are at the same time! It only makes sense that it would be difficult.

I always wish that my loved ones had no pain or problems at all, but we don't have the kind of power to make that happen on our own. So, I would say the best you can do is just let him know that you care and love him. Sometimes that helps a lot on its own.

Take care. :)
  • There are times it does but it can be difficult. I am not going to lie. Thank you for your kind words.
  • Welcome to spine health.My husband and I are in a similiar boat as the two of you. My husband injured his back 6 years ago, had surgery that failed and now lives everyday in chronic pain. I injured my back 7 months ago and am awaiting a lumbar fusion. We look quite the pair walking(limping slowly) down the street lol. We do "get" each others pain so are able to console each other. I feel bad as my husband who I have been trying to help out for the last 6 years is now trying to care for me and help me out. I am truly sorry that you are both dealing with this,I wish you both some pain relief. Hang in there, this site is full of caring informative people who are there to listen and help in any way we can.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and asnwer what questions we can. i am sorry you are both going through back pain.usually there is one helpmate to help the other! help each other the best you can and stick close together..love can do amazing things!! good luck and stop by anytime. Jenny :)
  • Just to update about my situation. I have been put on a patch for the pain. It is the first time medicine I have gotten rid of the stinging. I still cannot due everything like I used to do but it at least the pain is tolerable now. The only bad thing is I get tired easily because it is a lot of medicine. But I want to thank ya'll for the support.. :)
  • Hi & welcome :wave:

wow I could not imagine my life is both me & hubby had back issues - my heart goes out to both of you :hug:

patch - I was really tried and sick to my stomach at first when I went on a pain patch but soon adjusted to it - pretty well any ways. I am still more tired then I use to be.

I hope you & your hubby find this site as helpful and supportive as I have :D
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.