Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New member Intro

lulubumomllulubumom Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All,
I am new to this site and I am in search of an online community and/or forum in which I can communicate with fellow spine surgery survivors during my recovery.
Today marks my 2 week post op anniversary from an ALIF for Spondylosisthesis of L3-L4.
I am a 46 yr old mother of three, who had known of my spinal condition for over 20 years. It was manageable until about 5 years ago when nerve pain began shooting down the front of my right leg when I either stood or walked for more than 20 minutes. In an effort to stall surgery as long as possible, I tried every other recommended method of pain relief. Yoga (I am an instructor), exercise, PT, Nerve Root Block, massage, Acupuncture, nothing offered complete relief.
I finally made the decision this Fall that I no longer wanted to live with daily pain, and I was willing to take the risk of surgery.
To date, I am so happy I made that decision! Of course, I have surgical and incision pain, but the nerve pain is completely gone. :)
advertisement

Comments

• and you have definetly found the right form..
    I wish I had yrs ago in 06 when I had my surgery..
    such a great variety of ppl here...
    I have few different issues..that cause my cronic pain..
    Just wanted to welcome you and hope to chat with you come time in the chat room...
    I'm also a mom and in my fifties...
    I'm glad to hear you are not having that evil nerve pain...and I hope you continue on a road of painfree days...
    tc
    and search around so much great info on here and the ppl are great...i truely enjoy spine-health forums..info...articles and have made few friends over yrs time in the chatroom

best recovery to you
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Thank you Mary for a warm welcome to the spine health community. I look forward to cultivating connections, gaining insights and information from all I come in contact. Happy, Healthy New Year!
  • :H hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your recovery sounds as if you are off on the right foot and are doing very well. i wish you continued success as you improve each day.. stop by anytime. SH can be a good friend during recovery.. Jenny