Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

no hope

potrafkappotrafka Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Scoliosis
Been going thru pain now for four years. I had surgery when I was 15yrs they put rods in, I am now 34yrs have ddd and thinning of the spine. Have wasted so much money on so many ignorant doctors. How is it you can go to a doctor they can give you hope and tell you they can help then they run you thru all the test and tell you sorry cant do anything...

• Don't give up. There is always hope but sometimes the answers take a long time to find. And unfortunately sometimes the answer is no. Better that then to be offered treatment or surgery that may not work or may even make things worse.

Have you tried a major teaching hospital? Sounds like you might do better with a team of doctors who could give you a plan. And if they tell you they can't help make sure you ask them what you are supposed to do to cope day-to-day.

Don't give up. Keep looking and you will find the right doctor to help.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    The moment you do give up, is the time when everything will start to spiral downhill.

I would want to know exactly WHy the doctors are telling you what they are. What are all the diagnostic tests showing.

Doctors and Medical field professionals are there to help the patient. There may be times when that all seems confusing and you wonder what is going on.

The important thing is too ensure you have open communications with those folks. This way you both understand what is happening.

Keep in looking for answers, find out what your realistic options are and then you will at least understand your position and what can and what can not happen
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Never ever give up hope!
    It took me a about 2 years to find a Doctor to help me and not once did I give up hope. I was in brutal pain but I just knew I would find help and I did.

It would help us if we knew what you need help with. Perhaps surgery will not help you but there are ways to deal with pain.

Hang on to that hope and keep looking. Someone can and will help you.

Good luck
    Patsy W
This discussion has been closed.