Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello again!

Jim_LJJim_L Posts: 189
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Depression and Coping
Hi everyone, I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to say - I hope everyones been hanging in there and getting a handle on things. I seemed to have dropped outta sight for what, the past year or so?

I guess thats what depression does to ya once you admit it to yourself. Things are pretty much the same here at home, got more surgery on January 20th to remove the hardware from my '08 L4/5 fusion and the rear middle section of the vertibrae (L4) is being removed to as the 'hole' my spine goes through is closing up and its getting real hard to walk/sit/etc.

The good news is i have a new roof on the house and my son Chris is home safe & sound from his year long deployment in Afganistan (Army National Guard Mountain Infantry). This has been a year of everything breaking down (re: all major appliances).

My pcp increased my oxy (5mg) intake from 5/day to 10/day (and boy do i need them!). My music has taken a back seat to the pain and depression (depression sucks man!).

Anyways, i'm hoping to get back here and try to lift some spirits and hopefully get mine lifted too!
As always, if theres any musicians & songwriters here and ya wanna chat, give me a call, Stephanie & Debbie, I (finally) replied to your private messages, sorry for the wait!
All the best & hugs all around,

• sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    So good to see you back! I'm just sorry you're still in such pain. I hope the surgery will take care of your problems.

Give your son a big hug and thank you for me for the time he spent away. I'm glad he's home safe.

I got your PM and was relieved to hear from you. I'm in need of your sense of humor...twisted as it may be sometimes. lol.

Welcome back Jim. We really luv you around here and I hope we can make you smile...comeon, tryit,justalittle, youcandoit. Well?? Do we need a feather??? 8}

• Welcome back Jim. I was away too for awahile, but am back to posting.. just not as much as I used to. I'm glad that your son is home once again.
    I agree that depression su@*$!!
  • feather? no.... but i've found that a swifer duster works well! I don't mind dusting anymore either! And i also got me an electric leaf blower/vac/mulcher. It works great so i love having lotsa leaves in the yard now!!!
  • Great to hear your son's back safe home. Sorry to hear you've been depressed. I hope the med increase will help your pain level go down. I try not to stay away too long and isolate myself as I can easily get down. Good you're enjoying your leaf blower it sounds like a fun tool to get the work done. Any snow there where you are? I'm in Canada but we only had snow once here and it melted the other day so it's a little odd to see the green grass at this time of year..Happy New Year for a better year my wish to everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hya Jim, God to see ya back on the board! Hugz and respect to your son for service to his country, Ime sure your proud and relieved he b home! Your too good a man to keep down so git on up swingin no?
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hey Jim!! Good to see you back, hope we get some more of your music soon!!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own