Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Here and struggling!

chronicpain0630cchronicpain0630 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Good morning. I had an anterior spinal fusion L-5/S-1 in April of 2004. I am in pain every day and it is wearing on me big time. I have tried many different physical therapists, chiropractors, aqua therapy, steroid injections. I am stiff and feel like I'm 80 years old, I am only 33! It hurts to sit on the floor and play with my kids, do laundry, virtually anything that consists of doing normal day to day activities. I am considering at this point trying Medical Marijuana, has anyone had pain relief from this? Or does anyone else have similar pain this long post op. I feel so restricted and realize I should be thankful that I can walk but I used to be a hardcore athlete and now I am limited big time. Any help would be appreciated.

• I also am new here, and after reading your post, it sounds as though you had a BAD surgery. I too had a spinal fusion (the same area) 5 years ago and it worked wonders. I have new problems that I am here for. I would like to suggest you see a new neurosurgeon and get another opinion. Possibly getting a the roots of the nerves can help.
  • Dear Julie, hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i live in a state, California,where medical marijuana is legal and i use it regularly.. it helps me with pain, anxiety, sleep and nausua... i have been able to reduce my pain medication by a few doses by using marij.. and for an insomniac it has been a big help! i do hope this helps you a bit and if you have any questions, just pm me.. good luck! Jenny
  • Did the pain persist all along, or come back and how long after surgery? Sorry to hear of your troubles, and lack of help from surgery and meds. Good luck!