Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

sudden pain again 6 weeks post op

lmhs1935llmhs1935 Posts: 75
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi all. I have been doing preety well since my level one spinal fusion six weeks ago. This is to be my first week back full time. I have been back to work part time for about four weeks now. I hope I didn't do something to cause any problems. I was pushing on a towel to soak of something that spilled on the table and I felt an very quick intense pain in my lower back (fusion is l5 s1). It almost felt like a quick jolt of electricity but my legs felt fine with nothing shooting down them. My back was aleady hurting this morning a bit but now it is extremely painful, even after some pain meds. I have to say I'm not sure if I can work if it is this painful still. I am hoping for a bit of sleep and maybe that would help. I always worry that something will go wrong. The good news is that I have a post op appointment on Tuesday morning. Oh, and my tailbone is aching as well. What's up with that???

Take Care,

L5-S1 spinal fusion on November 22. No other spine surgeries before.
DDD, not due to an accident

• No sudden pain here just want to say WOW you went back to work wayyyy sooner then most people. I was out 3 months for a 1 level fusion.
  • I agree..that was crazy fast..2 weeks post op you went back to work even part time? Did you have a PLIF? I was out of work 7 months with a 2 lvl fusion..but my work did not allow part time return..had to be 100% to return..and then by the time I could return I found a different job anyway.
    I had pains that came and went all the time during the first few months. Lots of muscle cut through and nerves "waking up" during my recovery.
    Good luck
  • I can't believe you were back to work in 2 weeks!!!! I'm almost 9 weeks and still in pain towards the end of the day..

I do remember around my 6 weeks the pain had gotten really bad then from then on only if I do to much! Hope you feel better soon! Take it easy!!

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
    Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
    Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
    Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
    Brain shunt 2000"
    Brain shunt removed 20001"
    ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
    Failed fusion and Failed Hardware
    PLIF Fusion scheduled for 10/29/10