Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Oh well

WramblerWWrambler Posts: 1,588
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I finally had my long awaited PM appointment.

I now have two slightly enhanced programs and one that we did not find an improvement for.

He was actually decent to work with this time as we had an ice storm and lots of no shows so he was not in a hurry.

I finally even bothered to find out my lead is an 8 pole, or cathode as he called it lead. We found that poles 1 & 8 do absolutely NOTHING for me. They don't tingle, burn itch massage or anything else. I vaguely remember being told they had the lead placed at a slight angle, which would explain why the end two don't do anything. They aren't damaged and tested fine.

He went through the remaining six one at a time nudging and fooling with them.

While I did not strike the jackpot and get total relief I am pretty confident that if there is more to be found in the way of relief that it is not going to be much. What we did find helps ever so little, but any improvement is still and improvement!

That's really what I wanted to know, was there more that we were missing?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,833
    as long as its heading in the right direction, then take it as goodness.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • That's cool that you were able to spend some good solid time messing with your programming and checking things out. Yes, any improvement is just that ... Improvement!

• I've been trying to do this since it went in over a year and half ago (geez we are getting old).

This PM is by himself, with one PA who does all the programming and office/nursing staff. So, every time I tried to get this done, there was three people in other rooms needing his attention.

The only time reps come in to town is on trial and permanent installation days. Trying to see them is impossible. I had every intention of demanding a rep appt anywhere they cared to meet me if we had not got this done last Thursday.

I do also know that the "mix" of meds are also making a BIG difference in pain levels so the two combined are pretty good, till I overdo it of course.

I am bummed as I can't walk Shadow, even using my "good" arm a ten month old Labradoodle has to much mass with a low center of gravity. He wrecks my back in about 10 minutes. He's still got a lot of puppy time to go, but he seems to be a VERY intelligent dog and I have no doubt we will get him leash trained sometime in the next year. It was kind of funny though as we both mentioned missing Chewy as we approached the holidays. He didn't eat bulbs of off Christmas trees. Our tree was bare to the 4' level, or Shadow would pull the bulbs off and destroy them. first one he got was glass, but he did not hurt himself, how I do not know, but he crunched it into little pieces, no sign of blood in his mouth or waste the nest day. It was a bit scary for a while though.

Well, as usual, I'm wrambling...been a while since I visited.
  • I love your wrambling...please don't stop :) My kitties are 4 yrs old now and after two well behaved years they decided to become devils. I was surprised to find several ornaments behind furniture as I cleaned up this week. Gotta love them.
  • Happy to hear things are improving Wrambler :D

My dog once ate ( yes ate not just chewed ! ) my eye glasses!!!!! I freaked out! The vet said even surgery could not get all the tiny tiny pieces of glasses out and we had to allow nature to take it course. Thankfully he is good today - well in good health lol ;)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • Go ahead and wramble Mark, we do not mind.

I am happy to hear you were able to get some improvement. In our desperation to find relief from our pain any improvement, no matter how slight, is most welcome.

I am having problems walking my dogs too. As soon as the cold air hits my legs, even in sweats, my legs get as stiff as boards, even my ankles, making it very difficult to walk. My balance is so bad that I do not dare walk in the snow.

I do not know if you are like me but this winter has been very hard on my pain. Hurry up Spring!!

Cheers :H
    Patsy W