Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Regrets About Surgery

rams83cjrrams83cj Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Happy New Year, Everyone!!!

Here's hoping 2011 is happier and healthier for everyone here.

My post title.....Regrets About Surgery. Well I have some.

I am battling depression a bit. I am stuck in the house every day. My hubby is working full-time and financials are a nightmare.

Pre-surgical issues went away. Numbness and tingling down my left arm. Daily headaches. Pain and stiffness in the neck. Went away after the decompression and fusion.

But, I have post-surgical issues that I am terrified will never resolve themselves. (numbness from below the left breast, down to the left buttock, left side of perineum, down the left leg and down to the tips of my toes on my left leg. Right handed numbness and tingling and strength not back 100%)

In the sex department-- let's just say that hubby is afraid to touch me on my left side. I flinch or say OUCH and that is not exactly a turn on. So, that is a problem. I don't feel like a woman and adds to my depression. Ugghh!!! (TMI......but I gotta vent about it.)

I see my WC doc on the 20th and a follow-up appt. with the surgeon on February 1st.

I have read many posts on here about the numbness and how long it could take to resolve. Patience has not always been a strong point for me. I think I will ask the WC doc to send me for an EMG study again.

Sorry to be venting in here again. But I feel a little bit better venting it all out. I feel guilty for complaining to my hubby when he is working his butt off to support the family.

Again, Happy New Year to you all!!

• Happy New Year to you and welcome to Spine-Health. This is definitely a place to vent with spine problems and everything that goes along with them.

I doubt that you're looking for answers, just venting. Nobody here can tell you what will stay and what will resolve with time, only your doctor can make that call. But we certainly understand the frustration that you're feeling, the depression, feeling lonely and having financial difficulties.

It's nice to have you here and hope you get the commeraderie that so many of us feel. It's always nice to know that there are others out there that totally "get it". Nobody but another spiney can understand what we go through, what the pain is like, both mentally and physically.

Take care and vent away.