Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lost and IN ALOT OF pain

lavagirl529llavagirl529 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, I am a girl looking for some help and ideas about my medication. I apologize in advanced if anything doesn'tt make alot of sense. =)

I have been on pain medicine for 3 left leg surguries and 1 right knee surgery. About 5 yrs ago, I fell and broke my left leg in a spiral break, tibia and fibula. Had screws/plates put in, it healed wrong, and 1 and 1/2 yrs later, 6 weeks after I had my youngest son, my ortho rebroke it and did a bone graft with a cadaver bone...This took forever to heal, eventually, had the screws/plates removed..Started Pain Management...Have been on MS Contin/Percocets/Hydrocodone mainly for over 5 yrs...all mainly due to left leg. I have gained some weight obviously while laid up in bed, and having the baby...My problems know are from a cyst in my brain, Arachnoid Cyst, Posterior Fossa, it is between my skull and my brain. And I have 2 herniated disc's in my c-spine..I have been going to my PM Doc religiously for going on 4 yrs now. I am taking 4 15mg of ms contin daily and 4 10mg hydrocodone daily, PRN...Which lately is not touching the pain much at all. The last two weeks, my arm pain started, I am assuming from the herniation, and it is REALLY BAD! I am wanting my doctor to let me try Percocet's as I remember when having my surgeries they helped the pain compared to the Hydrocone's. Any suggestions/opinon's are encouraged. I am only 32 yrs old with 3 children, a fulltime job, which I sit down at for 8+ rs a day, can't take much more pain, don't want to get up in the morning's, needing something like percocets to kick in immediatly as what I am on now is NOT doing the job.....
Thanks so much for reading,

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.i can read from your post that you are in alot of pain and your current meds are not working for you.. if being honest with your doctor about the need for different medications does not work, perhaps you need to look for another doctor.. this can be difficult to do, but so is being in pain without sufficent meds.. good luck to you and i hope you find pain relief soon. Jenny :)
  • Ask your doctor if there he would prescribe nonnarcotic pain medicine along with what you have. You might get better relief, and not have to escalate the dose of the narcotics. A pain management MD could help you with that.