Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck X Rays

sassy411ssassy411 Posts: 199
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
So I finally had my neck xrays this morning--the tech said she didn't see anything other than "normal" arthritic changes, whatever that means, but we wouldn't know for sure until the radiologist writes his report.

How can I have so much pain, headaches, arm & shoulder pain (which my DO insists is related to my neck), but my xrays are "normal"?

I've had quite a lot of old injuries & I'd be happy to find out there is nothing wrong but at the same time, frustrated because that leaves me with no answers as to the source of my pain!

• I think you just need to be patient and wait and see what the doctor says about your x-rays. You're at the very beginning of the process and it can take some time to get a real diagnosis from the proper person.

Hang in there and wait and see what the doctor says.

Take care,
  • I agree with Cathie, wait for the report. Sometimes it takes more than just x-rays to find what the problem is. I know it can be hard to wait for results but hang in there. In the meantime you can look around this site, lots of information.

Take care,

• I see my DO tomorrow but the Xray report probably won't be in yet.

The results of my blood work should be, though. We shall see.