Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tricks of the trade to get comfy

FocusFFocus Posts: 59
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Sleep Problems
I swear I have tried so many things to get comfortable at night and I am running out of options. I use a body pillow with a little relief but thats about it. Anyone else have a trick they use to get a little better sleep?
Live one day at a time and do it with no regrets. I hold my head up high with pride to the fact that i wont let my injury beat me.
Lumbar surgery 2009
Cervical fusion C4 to C7 2009
Neurostimulator 2010
Heart ablation 2011
Lumbar fusion L4 to S1 2012 and now L1 2 3 and 4 are split and bulging.

• hi! i use music.. i get all comfy in my bed and then turn on some good music and let the music just take me away from all the pain.. it offers some relief and i often doze off for awhile this way.. hope it works for you! Jenny :)
  • music before i go to bed helps pink floyds dark side of the moon is an excellent one to help you relax
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I read after I get as comfy as possible. It helps take my mind off things. Takes me away for a time.
  • Here are some things you may want to consider when trying to get a good night's sleep.

1. Write Your Thoughts Down Before Bed – Clear your head from all the days’ worries by writing down what’s on your mind.

2. Ensure adequate break time before bed – Give yourself at least an hour to come down after watching T.V or working on the computer.

3. No bright lights - Turn the lights down in your house prior to bedtime.

4. Regulate your bedroom temperature – Ideally, you want your bedroom between 12 and 24 degrees Celsius (54-75 degrees Fahrenheit).

5. Stop the noise - Get rid of unnecessary distractions before you go to bed. Try to block out sounds from the street and the rest of the house.

6. Make your bedroom more sleep-friendly - Do whatever it takes to make your bedroom more comfortable - whether that’s using air conditioning, extra blankets or pillows, a heated blanket, heated lavender stuffed pets, blinds, curtains or earplugs, you need to find the ideal combination for yourself.

7. Your bed must be comfortable - Make sure your bed, blankets and pillow are comfy.

8. Your bed is for Sleeping only (well, almost only) – Don’t watch T.V or play on the computer in (or before) bed. Your mind needs to associate your bedroom with sleeping and nothing else – other than sex.

9. Keep pets out of the bedroom at night – As much as you love your dog, letting him sleep with you may be causing more harm than you know.

I hope you find ZZZ promised land.