Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

cervical discectomy

jacparlinejjacparline Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
In 2008 I had a cervical discectomy on C5 which I recovered well from, however since then ive suffered lower back pain and have had sacro iliac injections and epidurals along with facet joint enjections, all was going well until in August this year I was hit from behind whilst stationary at traffic lights, since then ive been having physio, numerous mri and ct scans but am in absolute agony both in lower back but mainly in my neck and shoulder. The pain is in my neck, between the shoulder blades, down my right arm and my forefinger and middle fingers are totally numb with a dull ache down my right arm. Acupunture isnt working and am nw taking Morphine 30mg twice daily, Amatryptalin 25mg, Tramadol at nights and paracetemol during the day when needed. Is this whip lash or is it possible that another disc may have bulged/prolapsed as my physio seems to think, he said maybe disc 7 or 8 and my consultant has mentions disc c4.......help, would love to have answers but not getting any from my gp, consultant or physio

• Welcome to Spine-Health.

Well, I'm afraid we can't tell you what the deal is, it's really up to your doctor. You might get an idea, however, by looking at a dermatome map and seeing what areas affect what parts of the arms.

I know it's scary, but it could just be a matter of physical therapy manipulation if a nerve is being pinched. Have you had a cervical MRI or CT scan since your accident? I imagine that might be next on your to-do list.

What about talking to your surgeon that did your surgery in 2008? If your not getting answers from the others, that might be a place to start.

Good luck and keep us posted.