Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

NS appt today

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Well I saw my NS today in what ended up being almost a 3.5 hour appt. I finally got the results of the CT Meylogram. Not very pretty. He said when I can no longer take the pain to schedule the thoracic fusion. It is kind of a catch 22. I have 2 years until the insurance co settles my claim, we are planning a family vacation to Spain in 16-18 months as a 20 year anniversery and my daughters graduation present. But maybe I will start feeling better?

My arms/hand have gotten much worse so he did a set of flex ext x-rays. I have some movement (instability) above the fusion and now I am having another mri (flex/ext mri & I never heard if this one).

I see the NS again next month unless the new mri turns into an emergency.

I saw my PM yesterday who offered to do another block (no thank you... although I would do it if my NS thought it would help). He increased my Oxycontin cr to 40 mg twice a day, but kept the oxycode and robaxin the same.

So basically no good news maybe next time :)

• Julie,

"Ouch"!! Sorry to hear your thoracic is getting worse, and too now a candidate for surgery. From the few on here who have had surgery there, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. As you yourself know, *you* will know when you need surgery, and your doctors will keep you up to speed on where you are at, if waiting is safe. Fingers crossed that the MRI doesn't move all this up on you, and you can go with your family plans. *HUGZ*

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.