Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

back brace

grjtggrjt Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
how much did you pay for your back brace.my doctor charged $1534.

• i think it is excessive.i was expecting around 400 to 500 dollars
  • My insurance paid for mine, they were billed 1300 but only paid 850, due to being in network with the provider, they got discount. Sounds outragous huh!
  • My TLSO was expensive. I had to pay $600 of it. I think it was about 1200 total. Really crazy aint' it? Are you wearing your brace yet or are you just getting it in preparation for surgery?

I had a real love/hate relationship with my brace over the months I was in it. I swore I was going to burn it when I got out of it, which I didn't. Now I'm glad.. looks like I'll be having to have the surgery again, so my old brace will come in handy!

• I had surgery on dec 7.l4 l5 s1 fusion.I wear it everyday.doc says i can start to wean off in early feb.I find the only issue i have is sitting,so i don't sit much.I walk 2 miles per day.it will take 6mos to a year iam sure to feel better.I went on line and found similiar braces for 1/3 of what they charged my insurance.
  • I had to get a new one and when I called my surgeon's office they said they can cost up to $1700. Mine is like a corset type brace. After I got it I looked online to see if I could find a price out of curiosity and they ran about $350. My insurance will pay for mine and I haven't gotten the EOB for it yet. I had to get a new one because I had the old one about five months before my surgery and it was starting to fall apart a bit.