Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

worse thorasic pain after epideral

promodlightningppromodlightning Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello to all. I was involved in an 80 mph car accident and have been in pain for last 3 months. My mri results said:
t6-t7 right paracentral protrusion which abuts the spinal chord on the right and slightly deviates it to the left and there is a t7-t8 central protrusion which abuts the ventral aspect of spinal chord with resulting mild flattening and without significant overall central stenosis. I also have a l4-l5 disk bulge and an l5-s1 small broad based central protrusion and hypertrophic changes with mild bilateral foraminal narrowing etc.Bottom line, I just got 1 thoracic injection and now Im in worse pain. Its a constant throbbing-electric pain around my shoulder blades and to the left of my back along with my buttucks and lower back being on fire and pain radiating down both my legs and calves. Therapy for last 6 weeks doesnt help. Does anyone think that surgery will be my only option for my injuries? God Bless and Thanks.

• Ouch- you poor thing >:D<

We can't diagnose you, but I wouldn't be surprized if your headed that way.

Be sure to get a second/third opinion if you can. You might want to seek out an opinion from some one who does the percutaniuos non invasive discectomy of the Thoracic spine. That is the advice my pain doctor keeps telling- rather than the fusion that my NS is suggesting.

Some times when I have had injections I have had extreme pain that never seemed to go away. I know it happens, but I also know some times those injections actually work :) Out of 7-8 injections I have had over the last few years I have had 2 that worked very well (nothing has worked very well on my T-Spine).

Are you taking a muscle relaxer and or pain medication as well as Nerve medication? I still use a lot of ice/heat. You can also ask for Lidoderm pads (stick on numbing pads). They work very well.

Feel Better,

• Thanks JulieA. I have some Roxicet from my GP which works decent at times and my Orthopedic gave me Carisoprodol, Hydrocodone and Acetaminaphen, Meloxicam, Ranitidine and Diazapam. These latter meds dont do much of anything for me. Im terrified of surgeries as it is, but this pain is so upsetting, debilitating and exhausting that I would be willing to try anything.
  • I had a injection at T11-12 and was in worse pain for about three week then one day the pain was gone and the T11-12 was better for a few months now it is comming back and some times it does take more then one injection, I was in a car accident in 2006 my T spine is a mess from T7 though T12 a have disc extrusion on all of my disc in this area and worse at T11-T12 with right paracentral extrusion is noted. This desiccated extrusion extend slightly above the disc space measuring 2 to 3 mm in size with mild right dural sac compression and mild anterior. I have to say that my whole back is a mess from the c spine to S1 and the T spine hurts the worse at time it and my L5and S1 it hurt to sit and my leg hurts it is no funn having back problems mostly in the T-spine because Doctor do not like do surgery until they have to
  • Does anyone know what an Orthopedics protocol will be. Ive done therapy and 1 epideral injection so far. Im guessing he will try more therapy and more epideral injections. His nurse mentioned a plan C, but didnt specify. Thanks