Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello - 2 year anniversary of back pain

CHPCCHP Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,
I'm glad to have found this site. I'm celebrating (NOT) by 2 year anniversary today of back trouble. I've got a protruding disc (L5/S1) and sciatica, plus two other degenerative discs. I used to be fit and healthy, cycled every day, I'm finding it hard to still be suffering two years later. I've had physiotherapy, been to an osteopath, seen my GP lots of times, I've had epidural steroid injections last February, and had a 2nd lot yesterday, including facet joint injections too. I suffer from sciatica all the way down my leg, which means I can't sit down for any length of time and have to actively avoid sofas, but I am also really worried about a new type of back pain, which means I have hardly been able to do anything in the past 2 weeks. The injections yesterday have given me some relief, I am moving a bit better, but I'm worried about what happens when they wear off. I'm in the UK and on the NHS, so am just waiting. I am tired of fighting, fighting to get another MRI scan, fighting to get a surgical consultation, fighting to get pain medication. I am sick of being in pain, sick of being unfit, sick of not having my life anymore.
Sorry for moaning, I just feel that I burden my poor family and partner who must be very bored with me now.
Are there any other forum users here from the UK, who have had positive experiences from the NHS?
Thanks for listening/reading this, I wish you all a lovely evening, CHP

• Welcome. I'm across the ocean on another continent but can identify with your concerns. So far what have you found to be most helpful of all the things you've tried? Also, are you a candidate for a microdiscectomy; have they identified L5-S1 as the target area? My problem is of more recent origin but I think that I myself am headed for surgery. Good luck!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps it is time to try some nerve pain medications for your leg.. i use Lyrica and find it helps so much with the sciatica. talk to your doctor about it, there are quite a few to try.don't worry about moaning and complaining, we are here for you! all of us here, at one time or another, has done just the same thing! so please feel free to stop by anytime and let us know how you are doing.. all the best to you!and if it helps any, i have been a pain patient for over 40 years!! Jenny :)