Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

finally going to find out about my mri this week hurray!!!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I all ,haven't been on for a while now have just been waiting for my mri results to finally come in. I saw my neurologist in June of last year,had the mri in nov. and found out two weeks later that she took a leave of absence from her practice so i called my PM and had to wait three weeks for an apt. because of the holidays she went on vacation. Finally on wed. i will be able to see my mri and find out what it says. Is the wait worth it,i guess i'll find out.
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck Tammy :)

Julie
  • Wishing you all the best at your appointment for your MRI results. Is this a lumbar MRI (just looking at your signature line) Have you had any lumbar surgery, I see that you have had cervical. You have waited a long time for these results. All the best and please keep us updated.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • I'm hoping that this MRI gives you some answers. Wow, it has been a long time though.

How are you doing now? Has your neckpain from the whiplash lessened at all? Have you checked into manual physical therapy? They boast that they can do wonders with whiplash stuff. Unlike traditional therapy, this is a hands on approach where the therapist is trained to use his hands to manipulate the inflamed facet joints and muscles. I recently had 2 sessions of this, both an hour long, and was impressed with the results. Now that I am back in my state, I can't find anyone qualified to do it.

Just thought I'd suggest you asking your doctor while you are at your appointment. It is good to see you here again.

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I wish i had read your post before i went to my apt. I saw my doctor yesterday morning. I've never heard of manual therapy. I am still having a lot of trouble from the car accident.Neck pain, spasms all over from tight muscles.I still have tendinitis in both my arms,the therapist said that its secondary to the whiplash and it won't heal until the spasms calm down.I still have pain in my ribs,stomach,lower back,hips and legs.I saw the neurologist who did nerve tests and found nerve damage in my left leg and thats why she did the mri,oh plus i'm having urinary frequency and she said that because of the accident my nerve signals were switched so now when i feel pain i laugh instead of cry.It happens all over my body so now its very difficult to do therapies because whenever someone touches me i go into hysterical laughing.My neurologist put me on high dose nerve pain meds. to try and calm it down and it has a bit but its still bad.She said that there are three different medications she can try but she's not around now to change it for me.My doctor wouldn't tell me what she thought of the mri,just read over it with me,gave me a copy and told me to call and find out if my neurologist was back from her leave yet.Now i know whats on the mri and don't know what she's going to do about it. My doctor wanted me to go to physio again for my thoracic,and lumbar spine. I saw my naturopath in the afternoon and she read over the mri and explained to me what was happening in my spine and said that everything in my spine she's seeing when she does the acupuncture and it accounts for the pain that i'm having.I"m also seeing an osteopath,i've been to him for four session so far.He told me when he did his assessment that my spinal cord was twisted from top to bottom,that there was still a big compression in my cervical spine,he thinks that its scarring from the surgery and the accident thats compression my cord again.Also also said that my rib area is so tight that its got my kidney stuck in one spot and its pulling on my bladder which is causing the spasming there.He told me that my liver and small intestines are irritated from the accident and my hips are twisted. Well where do i begin,i totally messed up. I don't know if my osteopath will want me doing physio while he's working on me and i'm not sure that i can handle doing both. Physically i find what the osteopath is doing is very draining and sometimes very painful because he's trying to free up things and re-line my spine. Please i need some input from you guys,i feel like i'm overwhelmed.My husband just keeps complaining about the money aspect but how can i get any better without the therapies.I don't want to be stuck like this forever.
advertisement