Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

COLD! FRIGID! Is this Russia Perhaps?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Matters of the Heart
Holy Cow - 2 degrees this morning! This is raising hell with my joints - anyone else? It doesn't appear that my celebrex is working all that well. I'm so stiff and hurting in the mornings and it isn't just my back and ankles anymore...
"Get that" "Kinda like MILK – it isn’t just for breakfast anymore”.. O.K., I thought that was funny. Anyway, it doesn’t look like it will warm up here anytime soon. I am sure ready for Vegas the end of February! We have to sweep the top of the 5th wheel off to leave because we’re always worried that either the 2 feet of snow on top will blow the tires because of the weight driving down the freeway OR worse, it will slide off and hit someone else and blind them and cause a wreck. Then by the time we get halfway there we pull off to eat and go in the trailer and put on shorts. By the time we hit Vegas the windows are open and life is LARGE! LOL! We always stay a week close to the strip in our 5th wheel in a nice park with palm trees and a pool, then the Thursday before the race we pull it over to the Nascar track. That is a party… Never seen anything like it, Everyone has their 50 foot Nascar guy flag flying and everyone is tailgating behind their trailers and partying. Pretty fun… Personally, I just enjoy sitting out in the sun and playing my guitar! Doesn’t get much better than that…

• Ok I am jealous LOL Have fun for me while you are there.

• I'm not really all that big on watching the race.. Although, I do like that little Joey Lagano. I am floored that at his age he drives that fast. Glad I'm not his momma! The boys love Jeff Gordon, but I could really care less about the whole thing. I go for the warmth, relaxation and playing in Vegas for a week of course - I know "I" could certainly live there without too much trouble!!!
  • Ah, Marion, you've painted a very cozy picture. It's 7 degrees here with 6 inches of snow on the ground and I get to drive to the airport this morning. Yay.

I'd also love to look forward to going someplace warm, but alas, we've got no plans for that. But luckily, here in Colorado, we don't stay cold for too long and we should be up in the 40s in the next day or two.

Have a great time and enjoy the warmth. Oh, just the thought gives me the comfy cozies. How do you do on the drive there? It's not too far a drive for you, if I remember correctly?

• is quite a way. We leave at 5 a.m. and are in mesquite by about 7 p.m. where its warm and balmly. Then we get up in the morning and drive into Vegas which isn't too far from Mesquite. I do o.k. He has heated leather tilt seats in the truck so it isn't too bad and then I move around to different positions a lot. We pull off an exit every hour or so to walk around and it works out all-right. It's still 7 weeks away, but at least its something to look forward too.
    Why are you going to the airport this morning?
    I always thought Colorado would be much colder than Utah?
  • Booged boooged lets go racing. Marion a person after my own heart. Love the track so very much. Don't make any of the races anymore but still love watching it on TV. It is about the only time you will hear my surround sound on. Sense I can't go there I bring it to my house so to speak. Just keep in your mind that it isn't that long off and pretend you can feel the sun. Enjoy your trip. Oh by the way I am also a jeff Gordon person and Jimmy Johnson pretty much hendrick motor sports as I did some work for them when I was in the shipping business moving equipment over night, like when they blew a motor up.
  • Hope the weeks "race" by until you're on the road!!! hehehe sorry, couldn't resist... :P
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • I had to take my niece back to the airport so she could fly to Kansas. She's here visiting from Ireland and it's time for her to go see her dad and his side of the family.

The roads were dry, so that was great. Colorado has fantastic weather - one day we're having the blizzard, the next day it's 45 degrees and all is melted. However, windshield wiper sellers make a fortune here with all the splashback. I think that Colorado is one of the sunnyest states in the country, oddly enough.

• I didn't realize she was leaving so soon. Now you can get some much needed R&R hopefully!!! Glad you made it safely, I hate driving when it's icy. Kinda enjoy driving in the deep snow, but hate that ice!