Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C5-6 Foramintomy

diane54ddiane54 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm seeing my neurosurgeon today to discuss the possibility of a foraminotomy at the C5-6 level. I'm wondering if any of you can tell me how the recovery is from this procedure?

I'm healthy otherwise and work at a desk job from home, so I'm wondering how much time I might need off from work. If its only a week or two I can go ahead and schedule procedure now, otherwise I have to wait until April.

Thanks for any help!

• Hi Diane,

First let me say welcome to Spine-health. Have a look around and you find many whom have had this procedure done.

As far as the recovery from this procedure it depends on the entry wether it is posterior(back side) or anterior(front side), of the neck. When they go in the posterior side of the neck recovery can take a bit longer as the spasms take sometime to settle down and it is a bit more painful.

When you met with the surgeon explain your concerns and ask what is a realistic time to be off work given your individual job needs and explain why you would be putting it off, so you don't fall outside of the bounds. Also I would ask if there would be any reason during the procedure he/she might change their minds and do any other procedure. Usually on the forms it will allow them to do whatever they need to resolve the issue.

Once again welcome to spine-health. If I can be of any assistant don't hesitate to pm me. Keep us posted.