Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

posting from recovery

salty444ssalty444 Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok guys and gals. Im posting from my private recovery room. I just had another laminectomy and discectomy l5/s1. Waiting for my spinal anesthesia to wear off. So I can walk and get home.

Im feeling great. Pain is managed well . I love my doctor.

Surgery at 7:30am. Leaving hosp at 1

• I'm very glad you're feeling so well just now. Encouraging to those of us with surgeries coming up! Good for you

• So glad you're having relief now but still you have the anesthesia they give inside that helps with the pain. Make sure you have enough pain meds and muscle relaxants for when you get home. Thanks and keep us posted. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I love it when it's all over and it's just time to recover. I also posted in the hospital after my TLIF, but not so soon, you cheater. You don't even sound like you're on meds. :-)

Like Charry said, make sure you get those prescriptions for pain control at home.

Congrats on being on the other side.

• This is my second Back surgery in less than 8 months.

In some sick disturbing way it does not scare me and I think the experience is thrilling
  • I am glad that everything went well!!!
  • Bet you're glad that's over O:)! Keep us posted on how your recovery goes. Love, Essmoe
  • What happened that you had to get a 2nd one?

Hope your recovery goes well!!!
  • Just checking in to see how you are doing now that a few days have passed and you are home.You sounded great and possitive in your post right after surgery. All the best to you in your recovery.
    gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • salty444 said:

In some sick disturbing way it does not scare me and I think the experience is thrilling
    Me too! B) My first time I was scared out of my mind, but the second time (12 months later) I was totally cool and non-chalant about the whole thing.

So how's it going today? the honeymoon should be tapering off if not over by now.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I hope that your recovery is still going as well :-)
    did your surgeon go in through the old scar?
    Keep up the great healing :D
  • Thanks all...

Yes, the Dr went in through the old scar. Maybe this is the cause of all my pain? I was actually feeling GREAT the day of the surgery and slowly got worse. Now I am getting better I think. I am most definitely taking it very easy this time. A second surgery is no joke and listen to you DR.

I had a revision, discectomy. L5/S1 since I re-herniated the same level after the initial surgery. I'm gonna be honest. I'd rather him have fused my back then have to go through this twice
  • >:D< It's good to know you're feeling better >:D< . Postop setbacks are undoubtedly scary, with a sense of relief once improvement sets in. Love 'n hugs, Essmoe
  • Hope you continue on your improvement and recovery! Take it easy, and do exactly what the Dr says, so you dont have to go through it again or worse! Keep your chin up! :H
  • Glad to see that you are starting to feel somewhat better again after your setback. I was concerned as we hadn't heard from you since just post surgery. You have the right attitude of taking it easy and doing everything the "right" way so that hopefully you will never have to go through this again. All the best to you with your recovery. Please keep us updateded on how you are doing.
    gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012