Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Do you ever feel like recovery is going backwards?

MLT01MMLT01 Posts: 172
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everyone, :H

I have a question and concern..I'm almost 10 weeks post PLIF..I have been more independent these past few weeks actually doing well.I'm starting to do more housework, shopping,cooking,taking the kids to school ect.

This week I feel like I went 4 weeks back!!! :S The pain has me laid up with allot of pressure,sitting is almost unbearable, walking is hard. My legs feel like they are going to buckle just not doing well. I live in NE and I know we are getting a major snow storm. could it be just the weather? Little discourage today I guess..Sorry for venting!!!

Maria

spondylolisthesis at L4-5; stenosis,
Lumbar surgeries 1999 L4-L5
Lumbar staph infection 1999-2000"
Meningitis x5 in 1999-2001
Brain shunt 2000"
Brain shunt removed 20001"
ALIF/PLIF fusion 8/5/09
Failed fusion and Failed Hardware
PLIF Fusion scheduled for 10/29/10
advertisement

Comments

• Maria..I don't reckon you'd need to apologize for venting on here! That is part of what the forum is for, I think. After my PLIF, I had periods of progress and then times when I'd fall back. However, best as I can remember, at 10 weeks out I wasn't having that much trouble with my legs wanting to buckle. Are you perhaps overdoing things now that you're starting to feel better? When is your next check up at the doc's? Might be something to call and ask him if your appointment is a ways off. Still, this recovery is not a linear thing for any of us. Up's and downs are just part of it.

I wish you a good day today,
    Aaron
  • Setbacks just come with the territory. I think Aaron has a good point: you may be overdoing a bit. There comes a point in our recovery where we feel better, are bored silly, so we do more than we should. Its hard to strike a balance.

You are also still in the early stages of recovery (I know you don't want to hear that, sorry). Theres still lots of healing going on inside.

Listen to your body, its telling you to slow down. Don't worry if you have another setback(s), its just part of the ebb and flow of recovery. Take care of yourself.

Lisa