Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Something I've thought about and was mentioned below in Death and Dying

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Matters of the Heart
Ranchhands Quote: What is it that holds us here

Is it all the unfinished business we leave from either a full life, or the unfulfilled one? did we try our hardest every single day to embrace our lifes gifts and detriments?

Is there too much life in some to let it go?
Or is it regrets at having awaited so long to realise the finality at the end of term.

where is the fulfillment, where is the regret...
deep inside? did you not do enough to fulfill the desire? or is the cup full and time to return to the headwaters of life."

THIS IS how I feel so often! I feel that work is eating me alive, the struggle to get here, to do everything! My cup is empty because it is such a huge undertaking to work that it screws up every other part of my life! Yes, Pain is the reason, but WORK is the issue! I have SO MUCH unfinished business - things I want to do before I die, little things, big things, things that I am not sure I will ever do because I have to be at this job every single day! I read Ranchhands comments and it made me shiver because it is exactly how I feel every single day! I feel I am wasting my life here but I have no choice. I have explored every other option and there just are none. I have to work for another 5 years till I hit retirement age and it just makes me sick inside...

• You're far from alone in wanting to not have to work a full time job everyday. So you would have time to do all those things you probably never will. Having the money to do the lavish things is one thing. The rest is simply never having enough time.
  • Hey, Ime sorry for the sick n tired of the work, taking the life out of you, Its a greek tragedy to have the beast at our backs always and forever, taking away all the pleasure of life, its hard to find pleasure, the crunchy bite of the meat we should have, to be part of and be partaking of life.

Hang in there, tooth, claw and fight for the tinest of pleasures, drink in the sadness, along with the happiness, for we are drinking, it is better than not drinking by far.

Participate fully in the moments we have, we cant stop the progression of time, we can, however, squeeze every bit of juice, bitter or sweet from the life we do have

There comes a time when we can demand of life,
    take the moment and make it entirely yours, selfishly,hungry and emblodend by desire for more.

Be sure we have this burden
    It does not own us
    It will not destroy us, will not destroy the basic elemental...you.

Tke the bitter cup and drain it, and slam it down upon fates table...
    demand of the leering beast, MORE!

Look deep into the pain,examine it,understand the nature of the beast, the flaws, the strengths, and wage a battle upon the poison inflicted by terrible fangs upon the soul of you.
    Do not be afraid to go into the darkness, for you will not go there meekly, beaten and broken, Make this infernal beast pay for every moment of despair.
    The light, the strength is right there inside Mouse, it is right there for you to take and wield fearsomely

In The movie Gladiator, Maximus stated(Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back".

The fangs of despair drip rich in the poison which strickens the soul, we have been poisoned by this depair, even though we are less able in body... In our hearts we are free.
    Mouse, you hang tight tooth and claw to what pleasures you can find, the road is uneven, and darkness falls, be sure of the travel being rough, but it IS life, it IS existance at a higher level, all you have to do is nurture the freedom within.
    Find the freedom, find the way away from mearely existing, to living again!
    Peace to you and yours
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health