Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello! I'm new to this site but not to back pain...

redhummingbirdrredhummingbird CAPosts: 52
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi-

I've been reading through the forums and decided to register.

This seems like a knowledgeable supportive community.

I had a massively herniated disc in 2006 and had a successful micro-discectomy at L5-S1.

I have reherniated at L5 and have a bulging disc at L4.

I'm trying to avoid a fusion. I'm seeing an orthopedic surgeon and trying to get referred to a physiatrist.

Right now I'm in physical therapy, on pain meds, muscle relaxants.

I have severe spinal stenois.

I look forward to participating here!

Terri
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Terri, I am no expert by no means, but if you can hold off on surgery by any means, you should do so. I was able to hold off surgery (fusion) for many years with Epidural injections, nerve blocks, facet joint injections and conective tissue massages. I finally agreed to the Xlif (with rexervations) and now I wish I waited even longer. The pain is nothing they discribe, and the recovery is way slower than they discribe in their brochures and videos. I did not want to believe some of the stories I heard but here I am less than two weeks from returning to work, and I am thinking "no way". Just be sure you have plan B in place in case don't work out the way you planned. - ms
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you stopped by! i am sorry you may be facing another surgery but it is good news that you are looking at other treatment possibilties.. something else may work for you.. you are right to be seeking a good doctor of your choice!! good luck to you! i hope you are able to avoid surgery.. if, after more than one opinion it turns out you need to turn to surgery, i wish you the very best!! be sure and stop by anytime! Jenny