Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Devasting Floods Here In Queensland, Australia

Hi everyone..Not sure were this post belongs so sorry for putting it here if it is not correct.

No doubt that you have heard of the devasting floods we are having here in Queensland Australia and that is the state I live in..

Its horrific just 30 minutes up the road so we are safe for the moment where we live..It maybe a different story at anytime as the water hitting them up in the Captial city, Brisbane, has to flow down to us here on the coast so not sure when that will be but we have a river across the mainroad from us so we will be watching that nervously if and when it happens.

Please all say prayers for those that have lost their lives allready and for those that have lost everyting they own.

Take care my friends.x

• oh shelly,
    sorry i've been wathcing on news...i'm sure its alot worse than they are showing us..are you aloud to leave and do you have someplace else to go...30min doesn't sound far enough..
    i'll keep you in my daily prayers for sure..
    tc keep us posted as the news doesn't do so good..
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Hi Shelly,Im in Western Australia,Geraldton,Im a mate of Billo,s from {OS},Hope the flood waters dont get to high for you there,how are you going anyways, we have been coping it here as well,flooding in canarvon an a bad bush fire down south, no lives lost but houses & a hotel were washed away in canarvon & gasgoyn junction ,just hope this cyclone that is off the coast at the moment dont cuase any damage here its still only cat 1 at the moment,well i do hope your pain has not been to bad lately,I supose the weather makes your pain hurt more i know it does with me,anyways stay dry an say hi to billo for me ,Regards Dingo2008 Sorry i should have posted this in {Water Cooler}
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    I am so sorry to hear about the devastation you are experiencing in Queensland, it is hard to imagine what your going through, we see it on the news the extent of the flooding makes it hard to contemplate.
    I hope the water doesn't reach as far as you, stay safe, sending prayers to you all, and for those who have lost their lives.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • i posted about this in water cooler

its the sheer enormity of the vast area this flooding has caused, so widespread and so much damage.
    3/4 of the state of queensland , 120,000 without electricity, food supplies are being tried to get into the cut off areas, e-coli has got into the drinking water in one town, concerns of mosquito borne ross river and dengue fever

many homes, businesses under water, its going to take a long time to repair the communities , towns and cities

im glad to see the evacuation centres soon changed the policey that people can now take thier pets there

estimates made of 10-15 billion dollars to clean
    up/fix and loss to the economy

hopefully, no more loss of lives

mary, there a lots of evacuation centres set up and people have been told to evacuate to them or higher ground or family n friends in non affected areas

one of a number of the sad stories was of a brother telling the rescue workers to save his younger brother and leave him , he lost his life.

the capital of the state is brisbane and the river has broke its bank, many suburbs under water and outlaying towns
    , its still rising , so more flooding expected tommorow, other towns are under water

many roads cut off, and damage to the infrastructure
    all over the place

apparently, so far it hasnt been reported much globally
    shelly, im sure your keeping an eye on the situation where you are , if theres the slightest threat to your area , evacuate early and dont forget to take your meds with you

take care , hugs flower
    we had flooding down where i am 5 years ago, but it covered a much smaller area, and we couldnt get out , lost electricity, quite a few homes were danaged, cars floating down the street, but its the sheer enormity of such a large area up in queensland thats so devastating

• LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    It has been reported here in Morocco on the national news, plus the free international satellite news channel which can be picked up in every continent. They said the size of the area under water is the size of France and Germany put together. It is a huge tragedy, I pray that things start to improve very fast and clean up can begin

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • For their words of kindness and support as it is a very trying time here at the moment..

Your support is where I get my strength from and for this I am truly grateful.

I will keep you updated if anything worsens.xx
  • I have been reading about the floods there and I thought about you. Are you ok? I knew you had surgery soon as well. I'll say a prayer for you. Take care.
  • Hi Shelly, I've been watching intently and worried about you, my good friend. You are already in my thoughts and prayers and I will keep you in my prayers as alwatys of course.

Just be cautious and stay safe, you are a wonderful giving person in spite of your own very tough situation you always have time for words of suport.
    I can't thank you enough for that.

Please keep me informed on how you are doing with your procedures and how you feel.

AL S
  • This has been a terrible tragedy for Australia and hope you're safe and have an evacuation plan. I hope the water somehow goes down. I read about the flash food and all the people lost there. You take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thinking of you Shelly.
    From watching the pictures on the news, things look awful out there. It sounds like the water is going down now, but there is a lot of clearing up to do.

You keep safe and hope that you can prepare for your recovery from surgery.
    >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Here at home at the moment as the waters are slowing down and its stopped raining..

Thanks so much everyone for..Words cannot express the way you have all given me support.

Take care my friends.xx
  • :SS Things are getting better in the most affected zones but the river across the road is getting up a little but all is still safe for us.

Thanks to all of you for your ongoing support and words of encouragement.x
  • So concerned for all of you....stay safe and we will keep you in our prayers
  • So glad you are safe, and hope everyone will be ok.
    God Bless
    AL S