Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hand and leg muscles hurt

turbo313tturbo313 Posts: 122
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Chronic Pain
anyone else experience this after surgery? it is only my right hand and right leg that hurt and it is the muscles and not the joints. my muscles feel so tight it is painful and my hand fels like it wants to curl in.

anyone else experience this? wht did you do about it?

thanks, connie

• Havent had surgerys as I always seem to slipp through the cracks, but wanting to let ya know were here for ya and to keep that chinny up!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I am taking Lyrica for nerve damage, but I don't think it has had time to build up in my system yet. I took a hydrocodone last night cuz the pain got so bad and it took the edge off which was nice.
  • It sounds like you might be having some pretty nasty muscle spasms. Do you have some good muscle relaxers? I was on flexeril before surgery, but was given valium afterwards and still take them for my neck spasms. Don't hesitate to call your doctor and let him know about what's going on. If you're having bad spasms and have muscle relaxants, you might need a stronger one until your muscles settle down.

But again, even though spasms are very common post-op, it's always a good thing to talk to your doctor when new stuff comes up after surgery.

Take care and please keep us posted.
  • however, it puts me to sleep! and my doctor was not to keen on prescribing them to me. i did call and leave a message yesterday so hopefully i will hear from him today.
  • I found it surprising that your doc was not keen on prescribing muscle relaxants for you. That's the one medication that's always been prescribed easily, even by my PCP who hates prescribing anything.

Anyway, let us know what the doc says.

• as this is my surgeon's office that doesn't like prescribing much of anything.

woo hoo...NS office called and seem concerned so I am going in tomorrow morning so the ycan take a look and hopefully figure out what is causing this muscle pain :)
  • Chalk one up to talking to your surgeon when experiencing unusual problems. Please let us know what they say, I'm interested to hear what's going on.

• Saw my NS today and my uncontrollable jerking has him concerned. I was great right after surgery and now I am regressing to how I was prior. so, I have an MRI scheduled for monday to see my cervical and lumbar spine as I have no feeling in my right foot at all.

Wish me luck :)

• I was very happy to Supra Shoes, I gave his work number down, and do not Supra Muska know whether this move that my dollar is counterfeit. My God, seeing all over the detectors, and he told me come back tomorrow! I had to come to the fire, and I swear I’ll get you for this,Supra Skytop 2 Shoes! Then I hit the 95,559 grumblets to go! I have a few,Womens Supra Vaider Shoes, yes, ah, so I let him count them again, he does not squint at me friconclusionly, and then lay down cash registers, Supra TK Societythe last two thousand four hundred whole, a point not less. He did not believe, add one, and finally did not even apologize and seek the Supra Footwear mode is very unpleasant.
  • Comfortable Beats By Dre design includes contoured, soft silicone tips that rest gently in the bowls of your ears, not the ear canals.TriPort acoustic headphone structure,available only from Bose, features tiny vents in the earcups that help produce a tonally-balanced audio performance, including deep low notes, from lightweight,Beats Dre Solo- On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk-Black. Come to choose your best Beats Headphones. You will love it.
  • Glad that you got in to see the doctor quickly and you are having a MRI right away. Wishing you all the best on Monday and please keep us posted on how you make out.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
This discussion has been closed.