Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

looking for advice

Jim-HansonJJim-Hanson Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I had the spinal cord stimulator put in yesterday and I'm now experiencing a burning sensation around the hardware. Just wondering if thats normal?

• I would turn it off for a while, Ive had mine about a month and its probably b/c its sittting in between raw flesh, When I charge my ipg it get a little warm but not really burnning. Can you feel it very hot on the outside or just on the inside? mayby put an ice pac (dont let the incession get wet!!!! and see if this helps, If your really concerned call your rep. or turn it off for a while, to see if this helps. good luck, but htats what our reps are for is to answer questions.
  • I know nothing about SCS - sorry. I do want to welcome you to this site :wave:. I hope you find it as helpful as I have. Hopefully someone with SCS knowledge will see your post :)

PS: If you don't get any response maybe make a new thread titled need help with my new scs ;)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I felt like a shark bit me on the ass for about a month after I got my implant. It was stinging and burning especially after I sat on a deep sofa or tried to lean back in a chair.

This too shall pass (or at least it did for me).
  • It is a known issue with SCS implantation to have the IPG pocket burn for several weeks. My pocket burned for a good three weeks and any change in position from standing to sitting or sitting to standing, made it burn, but it would settle in a minute or two. I used an icepack wrapped in a thin cloth to reduce the burning. To me it felt like a nasty case of road rash. Having the staples in didn't help either. I could feel the tug and pull as the pocket healed and was greatly relieved when the staples were finally removed.