Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Got my second round of injections today

sue in ohiossue in ohio Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Spinal Injections
As usual they went great with no pain as they numbed the hand to put in the IV and knocked me out for the injections. For some reason this time I have had more pain afterwards so I have been icing it for 15 min. at a time and walking in my living room as sitting for too long makes the pain worse.

For some reason the worst spot is the bottom right side, the injection closest to the scar from where they took out a tiny piece of bone for my fusion in 1998. That always did hurt worse than the fusion area. I decided not to have Dan take me to bible study tonight as I can't sit too long plus am really tired this time. But I know this will all be worth it in the long run!

The staff at the ambulatory center are the nicest bunch you could ever ask for and I just love my new pain doctor- he has a great sense of humor as well as being a very good and compassionate doctor. My husband kind of squealed on me about overdoing it last week and doc said he knew I would do that and I needed to take it slow an easy and give my body time to heal. I will try and pace myself better this week, but if I feel as good this weekend as I did last weekend after the shots, that is hard to do!

sue in ohio