Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Baclfen and Sleep Paraylisis

EmmyEEmmy Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Pain Medications
I think that's how you spell it. Anyway my Dr. just prescribed it to me as a muscle relaxant, to go along with oxycodone. I think it works great on my muscle spasams but it is causeing such vivid dreams. Seems like I have not slept all night. Last night, my second night, I went to bed with the t.v. on as I usually do, hubby in the livingroom watching whatever and I experienced Sleep Paraylisis. So weird and so freakin scary. I had them when I was in my 20's and also suffered from night terrors when I was a child. I am 50 now and having had them years ago I knew right away what it was but still didn't relieve the terror it causes.
I'm thinking it has to be the Baclfen.
If you have never experience sleep paraylisis I will try to explain the feeling: You are just dozing off, you can here the t.v. in the background, sometimes it starts with a loud buzzing noise in your head, so you try to get up, you try to make sounds, you try to move and nothing. You are trapped. Sometimes you feel as if you have gotten up but only to realize you are still trapped. Last night it did not start with a buzzing noise but what sound like a radio in one ear although I could not understand what it was saying. I finally was able to scream for my husband and he came into the bedroom and comforted me, but as soon as I dozed off it started all over. The third time I got up for awhile then went back to bed and was fine except for these vivid dreams all night long.
Has anyone else experienced sleep paraylisis while taking any muscle relaxant especially baclfen??? I will tell my doctor, but I will take them again today and see what happens tonight.
Sorry this was so long.

• Baclofen and I did not get along because it made me feel weird. Just this odd sense of anxiety for no reason. I can tell you, though, that Oxycodone gives me sleep paralysis every time I take it. Had you been taking the Oxycodone long before introducing Baclofen?