Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help !!!!!

Mindymork62MMindymork62 Posts: 207
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi Everyone,

I had a 2 level fusion in June of last year. I have a cage, rods and screws at L 3/4 & L 4/5. I've had so many problems since the fusion, but this latest one is unbearable at times. For the last week I've had like a very sharp pain in the right side of my back, and when it comes it stops me in my tracks. All I can do is cry out. I feel it clear down my hip and butte all at the same time. I have an appointment with my surgeon next week, but now it's the weekend, and I don't want someone seeing me that doesn't know my case. Also, this weekend is when my insurance is changed to another one, so I'm trying to wait out the weekend. What can this be? I might mention that it has been below zero a couple of days this week and it seemed like I could feel the cold all the way through my back where the surgery was done. I don't know weather to put ice or heat on it.

• Its sound like your nerves is waking up or nerves are damage
    Remember I'am not a DR

• My last insurance company changed heath care providers mid-stream of my back surgery. What I mean is they changed the insurance provider right after my surgery and just before my first follow up appointment with the Dr. They paid there 80/20 for the surgery but all of my appointments after that were "out-of-network". It cost me a fortune and had to set up a payment program up with them. My back acts up a little more than usual when Mr. frosty comes to visit also. I hope that you don't have anymore issues with your back because of the feeling that you have at this time. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I would throw you a hug but that would hurt my back. LOL!
  • On the insurance part. Is this insurance through work? If so are they self-insured? We are going through this now. We're self-insured but swapped providers to do all the processing. You can check with your HR folks. Ours have a form that you can fill out that says you have a medical case that traverses the time of the old and new insurance companies. What it does is it gets you waiver with the new company so you do not have to get everything re-certified and approved. The bills just get sent to the new insurer and you do not get dinged for being out-of-network if the doc you chose is not in their network.

Once you get through that part though you may have to find a new doc that is in-network and fire your current doc. I'm fortunate that all my surgeons are considered in-network.
  • This is just something that happened to me several years ago when I did have a job and insurance. My HR manager said that I could look for another Dr. in our new network. I felt like I should keep seeing the same Dr. for my follow up appointments that did the surgery. The company I use to work for is self insured and this happens quite frequently. It did cost me a lot more money to keep seeing him, at the time I thought it was the best thing to do.