Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member / Posture question

lairdgraingerllairdgrainger Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Greetings all,
I found this site today and I can only say I wish I had found it years ago...

I've struggled with lower back pain ever since a construction injury when I was in college. I've seen doctors/masseuses/chiros/PT's/you name it. I've had varied results. But fortunately it hasn't been debilitating.

I met a physical therapist at a party last night, which began my online search leading me here. She told me she couldn't diagnose my problem, but she said my slumped posture was very noticable and asked if I'd ever done any work on my posture. This is the first time someone has brought this up to me after all these years.

Anyway, my question to this group: How imprortant is good posture to good back health, and if it is a necessary factor, how does one go about improving their posture?

Thanks!!
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps the best thing to do is to see a doctor and have a check up and speak to them about what you need to do... you might also check with a pt and see what they have to offer you... posture is very important to good back health and something we all work on.. please have a good look around and make yourself at home.. good luck to you! and stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine-Health. You'll find a wealth of information here, great articles and videos, and the members of the forum are very helpful, supportive and knowledgeable.

I've posted a link below regarding posture. There are a lot of articles on this site with regards to this and this is just one, but you'll see a lot of links on this page that leads to answers about posture, how to achieve good posture, why it's important, etc.

http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/ergonomics/good-posture-helps-reduce-back-pain

Posture is indeed very important to a healthy spine and you have to think about it all the time, especially when you're sitting without back support like on the computer.

For even more articles, put Posture in the search box at the top of the page and a lot of results will pop up for you to check out.

Take care,
    Cathie
  • Thanks very much for the responses. I look forward to learning more about ways to improve my posture. I see a lot of different products available out there, from insoles to pillows to braces to DVDs, all claiming to help you improve your posture. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can go for real, user-generated reviews of these types of products.

Thanks again and this is a wonderful site. I'm learning so much already.

Cheers!