Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Could use some input

kakb2kkakb2 Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hi all,

I've been browsing your stories and hope you can give me some insight. I have experienced neck and upper back pain for quite some time. Went to Chiropractor and after electical stimulation was adjusted on neck and then upper back. The adjustment on my upper back made me jump off the table as I felt as if I was stabbed through my back and into my chest. I have gone to many chiros and have never had pain with an adjustement. AS the week progressed, I have gone from waking up every time I roll over to my left side to severe pain all day long and difficult to take in deep breath. Can not sleep as it is impossible to roll over and pain is severe. Do better when I am up and about. Went to Urgent care and was given muscle relaxers and Mobic. Have been up since 3:30 this morning as I can not sleep but as the day progesses feel a little better. Afraid of tonight. The pain is in my mid back and bottom of left shoulder blade. The pain cuts right through me into armpit and chest. Off and on numbness and tingling in left hand and arm. Can anyone suggest what might have happened?? I hope all of you find some relief and peace.

Thanks for your help.

• if you continued to have simptoms as thesei suggest to have MRI...thats only my opinion :) who nows what is inside and why it hurts...i know my pain probably came from herniated t6 t7,but its not confirmed 100%...i wish you luck :)
  • Definately get in to your pcp- he/she will refer you and even order the MRI if they suspect you have nerve compression. If the pain is to bad go to the ER. Make sure you tell them this is a result of a chiropractic manipulation they might take you more seriously.

You may have an injury to your neck and upper back. It could be a number of things. Your symptoms are almost identical to mine. At any rate there are different treatments that can be tried and different medications.

Welcome to Spine Health :) Feel Better,