Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 yrs post fusion, L-4, L-5, S1. Stick a fork in me..

Summer849SSummer849 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am done. The first couple years were better. Now my back is becoming like it was pre-surgery; numb legs, spasms, numb foot, toes, excruciating spasms. MRI reveals stenosis, ddd, but there are some pinched nerves..more. Neuro wants to do a mileogram..

Pain controled w/mobic & hydrocone 7.5/celebrex. It has been a psychological nightmare. A friend and my MD has suggested possible disability. I just have not been able to "face" that fact, and that my back will never be the same. When I heard that word, it was a 'catalyst' in my sea of DENIAL. I have to face the cold hard facts; it has changed the quality of my life. Is anyone/has anyone been in this position?

• Sadly, yes, there are many of us spineys that have been where you are, myself included. I've now had 8 years dealing with the spine problems. After my first 2 level fusion I figured I was "fixed" and went about my old ways. About 3 years ago I was slapped in the face with the reality that all was not well and new problems were happening. It can be a hard pill to swallow.

Denial is one of the stages we go through. And yes, many of us here have had lots of changes to our daily lifestyle. Its just part of this chronic pain merry-go-round. It stinks, but theres lots of supportive and empathetic people on this site to hopefully help you.

Take care,

• yep

i so sorry but i am going thought this as well it been 3 year from my back op and it bad back to mega amount pain lost all use and feeling of my left foot ankle now have foot brace to wear on morphine 4 times aday and in a wheel chair unable to walk to far it changed my life meag and it hurt loads findding it hard to cope i new here i and hoping to make new friends as i lost all mine due to my back problems as i unable to do and go to the placei used to go very sad and i feel alone alot the time but i just wont to wish you all the besat and i know what your going thought xx
  • Neuro said pinched nerves will not show up on MRI.

I have been treated for panic attacks, severe anxiety, for years and bc of my back and the restrictions, it has just fed into the panic and anxiety. It is so difficult to find a job. (I was downsized after 8+ years) No one wants to hire you with restrictions, esp. with 2day's economy.

A friend of mine told me to apply for disability, for both mentally and physical limitations. I don't understand the process. MY Gen Practioner mentioned disability to me last week; I now have bowel incontinence...5X's already. twice in my sleep. I feel ashamed to have to apply for disability. I am told I have a good chance; I just don't know.

Lisa, are you and the other gentleman on disability? I was given the name of an attorney. I just don't know what to do. Thank you both for your posts. This is a wonderful support system.