Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hi all i new here

clare constablecclare constable Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi i am clare 28 from oxfordshire

i new here but wonted to just say hi to you all i here to make friends talk open about my problems and to help if i can

i had a back op 3 year ago on the l4 l5 s1 and never problem now foot drop lost use of left foot and all feeling
having injection every 4 mouth now in spine in mega amount of pain everyday use a wheel chair to get about as unable to walk to far any more now i having sleep problem and feeling very low and as if i cant carry on fighting this my life changed so much and lost all my friends due to my back problems on morphine along with lots of other drugs so sleepy alot day

just wonted to be able to talk to people with the same problems and be there for others and for some one to understand what i going though as it hard for people to understand unless there going though it

i hope you will all be able to talk to me and ask anything you like think this is the best step i taken for along time

• Hello Clare

Wow, your story sounds so similar to mine. I had discectomy on L4 L5 in February 2010, now I have discovered that my my discs have reherniated and also at another level too. Pain is now in left leg and my right leg is totally numb. Can't feel anything and can no longer drive. I am scheduled for a repeat discectomy next month. I know how you are feeling along with lack of friends who don't understand how we are feeling. Like you, I am living day to day on painkillers. Coincidentally, I am from Oxfordshire too.
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Welcome to Spine-health, you will find lots of information and support on the site.

I see you have already had a reply from another member who lives in the same county who can relate to your issues, that is really great.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • hi

thank for your reply and just some time make it easy to talk to people who understand were i am coming from i feeling lost at the moment and finding it hard to cope the pain is mega and i have bad spells a lot my legs are so painful and i miss the way i used to be i feel like my life changed no end so how are you coping and what do you do to help with the pain are you having treatments and i sorry to hear your going thought this as well i understand from the bottom of my heart x
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,877

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Jeauxbert or haglandc or Administrators tamtam, dave or DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team Neck of Steel or Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    I've read a few of your other posts. It always helps to provide as much information regarding your situation and what is being done. That makes it so much easier for people to respond with some of their own personal experiences.

Information such as:
    - All your diagnostic tests and their results
    - Your current medications
    - What treatments are you currently doing
    - etc

I know that coming from the UK, there will be some differences on how many members here in the US the the health care systems. You do have a number of members from the UK that could probably provide you with better details than if we even attempted it.

Good luck and always remember, whatever posts you read on this site, they are all based on personal experiences only, since no one is a formal medical professional that can give out advice.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com