Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Life

clare constablecclare constable Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi All

I am new here and i just thought to my self its time i try to get help from people who have been though the same as me or even just talk and try make some friends

i am a 29 year old women living in oxfordshire and had a bad back for 3 years now had an op on the l4 l5 s1 disc had few removed and fussed

it all gone wrong i am in mega pain and now finding life hard to cope with everyday task is a mega task for me i have lost the feeling and use of my left foot now have to wear foot brace to surport it i am unable to walk very far and relay on a wheel chair to get around

i was given the wheel chair from village i live in so its hard to use and very heavy to push my self but i make do it all does get to me but i am unable to aford a new one they just cost to much money so due to this i only go out now and again

i feel like i not normal any more lost all my friends and find my self sitting in doors for hour alone feeling lost in pain not knowing what to do with my self i on alot pills and oral morphine i so sleepy dizzy feeling most the time and i unable to get to sleep at night its just a night mere

i now having injection in my spine every 3 -4 mouths also waiting to use the pool at they say the temp is 35 and ment to help i give anything a go just to try to stop this pain i sorry i gone on and on i just wonted to know if anything can help i get so low and down just dont know what to do with self i miss my old life and going out and living life just feel like mine come to a stand still

• i sorry i went on i just trying to get everything out and to try and express how i feeling had been told that this can help

just need to try everything to get though this but i just feel i getting no were and waiting for treatments is so long i told they dont wont to re op due to scar tiss and never problems in both legs which the tiss is trapping i also been told i never get the feeling back in my foot or use

i gutted about my foot and the foot brace ent a good look lol they need to make a little more girly dont go with dresses or skirts and shoe are so hard to buy to fit it

i am 29 love fashion and like to look good but i just feel now i lost it all i walk crunched over and it hurts so much

the other thing that hurts me is the stress and everything i put on my family so i now tend to keep everything to my self now which is not good

thank you all for taking the time to read this and i sorry prob post in wrong place not sure what i doing on here yet but be good to make friends and talk with you all xxx
  • I wanted to welcome you to SH. I am sorry that you need to be here and are in so much pain. This site is full of so much information and wonderful, caring people. It has been a godsend for me. I wish you all the best and hope that you are able to find some answers and get some pain reduction.
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012