Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PattiCakes67PPattiCakes67 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in New Member Introductions
Ok, first...I am not sure how to work these forums as I have never been on one. Let me know if I did this wrong. I came to this site looking for answers because I have the sneaking suspicion that my doc thinks I have lost my mind! I had PLIF on 4-5 two weeks ago today. My back actually feels really good (except when I first get up in the middle of the night). The bizarre thing is that the top of my right foot constantly has that feeling your skin gets when you freeze in the snow and it starts to warm up. (Sorry, not sure how else to describe that). It occasionally invites my calf to participate in the party! Does it get better? Is it a blood clot? Is it nerve damage?

I don't know if I was suppose to put these questions here, but am not sure how to work it all.

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You're doing just fine with your post. Looks like you're a natural.

It might be a good idea to call your surgeon and talk about what's happening with your foot. It might be normal, or he might want to see you soon to take a look.

Any time anythings strange happens during recovery, it's a good idea to contact your doctor - it may be nothing, but it's always more comforting to hear it from the powers that be.

I'm glad you found us, not happy about your spine problems, but know we're here to help you get through recovery and dealing with any issues that crop up.

Take care and please keep us posted.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I called my doctor's office and they said it would "most likely" go away. I hope they are correct!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Jeauxbert or haglandc or Administrators tamtam, dave or DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team Neck of Steel or Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Dont worry about which forum or how you start to make your posts. It does take some time to get used to any online forum. For help in navigating or just using this forum, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (You can click on the FAQ below my name).
    After you have spinal surgery, or really almost any surgery, you are bound to have feelings that just do not seem normal. With Spinal Surgeries, especially if there are any nerves involved, you may get some strange feelings. I've taken the approach if those feelings last more than a couple of days, its time to call my doctor.
    Your piece of mind is what is most important to you, so when in doubt contact your doctor. In the meantime, we can try to help the best we can
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com