Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new here

pugmom54oppugmom54o Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all, my name is Lynda and i had back surgery oct6th,I tripped over some fools golf umbrella at work in july, i was carrying a large tray of dishes- i never went down but it felt like a hot poker went up my back and my back got stiffer by the day then the pain set in,the worst pain i have ever felt hit me about 2 months after the tripping incident, I was the only source of income in the family so my family Dr. tried to keep me working for a few more months till i was laid off by taking meds- it got so bad that on oct 1st I was in such pain I couldnt walk, everytime I would go to the er they said it was sciatic nerve pain a morphine shot and out the door!finally my Dr. orderd an mri, sent me to a neurosurgeon and i had lumbar interbody fusion at L4-5 and L5-s1w/posterolateral fusionW bars and cages,its been 4 months and it seems like i have more bad days latley than good, and workers comp has denied my claim I have a new hearing next week..ty for letting me vent! Lynda

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you are facing some problems right now!this is a great place to gather information and maybe find some ideas to help you in your dilema. please have a good look around at the different forums and make yourself at home.. the "Health Insurance Problems" forum would be a good place to start.. good luck to you in your recovery and stop by anytime! Jenny :)