Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

spoke to soon! leg cramps and perioud pain!

LisaRachelLLisaRachel Posts: 286
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Last night I woke up with bad leg cramps! overall, my pain has been a level 2 since my surgery! but, I got my perioud today and I'm dying of pain! my back is so sore and stiff. I have been taking Advil but I just read that's not good for the actual fusion?? I did go to my gyne yesterday and he wants me to have surgery ASAP on a very large fibroid that needs to come out! How many surgies can one body take? If it helps with the pain I'll have it right now!! :)

I am very happy about my surgery and feel positive for my future now, where pre-surgery I did not! my depression is better too my friends are tellling me that my fun side is coming back out!! ya me!

My question is, leg cramps advil and getting your perioud! have anyone excuse the boys on the perioud question;) have these symtoms? and will Advil hurt the fusion process?

• Hi Lisa,

I do feel that our monthly friend makes a big difference!!!! I know for me it just adds to it!

• Hi; sorry cant give advice on the perioud stuff.
    But with the Advil, quit taking it. Advil will hurt the fusion process.
    Switch over to Tylenol, if you need to take otc meds.

Worse case ask your doctor or the at the pharmacy, and they should be able to help you decide on a better alternative.

Good luck with the other stuff going on. Someone more qualified will help you out there.
  • When I first had surgery on my lower back, the surgeon remarked on how large the blood vessels were and how they themselves were causing some nerve impingement. He said that he finds this happening in typically athletic or formerly athletic patients. My pain would escalate during my cycle and since I also suffer from menstrual and pre-menstrual migraines, I would take some form of migraine med )a vaso constrictor). The migraine medicine did wonders toward reducing the pain from my back during these times.

• Like Blazer said...please don't take any more advil.
    For the past month or two I have been having bad cramps in the back of my calfs which I think is nerve related. I have not had surgery yet...so maybe it could be your nerves "waking up" again? I too feel crappier when I have my period and just want to sleep a lot. Sorry about your fibroid...do you know when you will be having it out? You are a strong woman, who just had a major fusion, so as much as you would hate to have another surgery again, I imagine this will be soo much easier than the other.
    All the best to you!
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Entire post removed, Solicitation and Inappropriate Language is not permitted on Spine-Health

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 03/21/11