Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Owwey (lol)

stonehousesstonehouse Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in New Member Introductions
Well, Hello to all!

I found this site by searching for reviews on back problems. I am a 41 year old male with Degenerative Disc problems. To avoid surgery, I have been going to a Spine and Pain clinic for nearly 3 years now. Currently taking 40mg of Opana 2X daily and 3 7.5mg Norco. Looking forward to searching this site and joining in on dicussions to finally END this! I would like to thank you ALL in advance for your reply's to other post's that I might read. Also, invite a point or two as to which forum's to study up on. This dosage is really messing up my life. NO sex drive, tired ALL the time, Low-T, etc...

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you dropped in! i to have DDD and have learned to live with it for many years without surgery.. we have a forum just for that!! i can see you are doing all you can to avoid surgery!! medication can really cause alot of problems besides giving us pain relief.. this is such a dilema!! stick around awhile and you will find some unusual answers to some of your questions.. check out the "search engine" at the top of the page if you have something of special interest. good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,868

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Jeauxbert or haglandc or Administrators tamtam, dave or DiLauro
    In addition, you can always contact any one of the members of the Authority team Neck of Steel or Cath111

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD)is one of the most misunderstood Spinal condition. Almost every adult will show signs of DDD by the time they are in the late 20's. Some have it early due to

- Trauma
    - Previous Spinal Surgeries
    - Genetics

As you read more on these forums you will found out just how many people have DDD and how they are handling it. For the most part,DDD can be managed without any surgery. An approved exercise program and OTC NSAIDs can keep it in check.

For more information regarding DDD, take a look at this article from Spine-Health: Degenerative Disc Disease
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Sorry to hear you have pain also from DDD. Did you have a back injury about a year before your back pain and diagnosis? I have DDD now from injuring my back and had a herniated disc first and then about a year later my MRI showed DDD throughout my lumbar spine that wasn't there or very remarkable at the time of my injury. It's very painful and not the natural DDD as a normal spine ages in my case. Hope you find the support you need as I have. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • WOW... Thank you ALL for the kind words of advice. I can see that I am going to love this site for years to come!
  • Howdy Stonehouse,

Welcome to Spine Health!! DDD is a scary "term", but it is natural to aging for most. I have it throughout much of my spine - helped along by crashing I'm sure. Like Ron said, most times that alone won't kick the surgical button to "go." Physical therapy, massage, aqua therapy, TENS, medications many times can manage it just fine.

The kicker is when the pain then changes to where the nerves are being affected - and this normally via disk action (hernia, tears), bone spurs growing in the wrong areas, Stenosis (narrowing), vertebra instability and such. Hopefully they will find a alternative treatment that will give you relief. Take care, and again, Welcome aboard!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Spam link not allowed. Removed by authority member, Cath111.
  • There are TWO major problems that I am having right now.

#1: I work for a %$# hole! I am under restrictions for lifting NO more than 10lbs. I am constantly being told to "just be careful and take your time" He is really starting to ride me more than others. For God's sake... I am a salesman! But, when the warehouse guy is gone... it doesn't seem to matter that I have the restrictions! Oh, and I love the "well, I was diagnosed that that 20 years ago... I found that just working makes it better. Doctors just say things to make you go back"

#2: The Med's are starting to mess me up! I was so used to waking up at 3:30 - 4:00am. Now, with two alarms (the plug in one and the wife), I am struggling to wake at 5:30. I have to take daily nap's (just a quicky) and still go to bed at 6:30-7:00pm. NO sex drive at ALL! And a BLAH attitude all the time. I have had test's done for Testerone, Cortisal, Thyroid, Sugar... The first two, were low. Endocronoligist will not do anything until I am off the Med's. She feels as though the Meds are causing the low results. My Pain Management clinic will not prescribe anything for these side-effects.