Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

hip pain

girlinpainggirlinpain Posts: 12
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:50 AM in Fibromyalgia
Hi..I have not been on for a while. I am having severe hip pain when I am laying on my side, both sides I have a hard time sleeping at night I toss and turn. Anyone have any suggestions? My fibro has flared and amin so much pain. any meds out there that have helped with pain? Any certain excercises or stretches. Also my ears have been hurting for almost a year my whole left side of face and jaw anyone experience this? Thankyou

• I wonder if you have bursitis or OA? I have both as well as DDD and had injections in my hips. I'm not a fan of the ESIs, but I have had great luck and a LOT of relief from them in the hip area. The ESIs don't help my neck at all, but I'm being completely honest in that they were very effective in helping my hips.So far that is really the only thing that has been helpful for that pain, which as I remember it, only got worse and worse, to the point where even getting in and out of the car was really painful and something I came to detest. I limped into the hospital, but walked out and thought it was only the numbing agent that was giving me such relief at the time, but the hip pain stayed away for over a year.

Hey, I see in your signature line that you had your thyroid removed. I have thyroid disease (22-23 yrs now/HYPO) Do you mind me asking why they removed yours? I have nodules on mine, and feel they should do a biopsy, but so far nothing. I take 225 micrograms synthroid/daily. Have a good day, and I hope your hips feel better, or at least you find out the cause.
    PS~My BF has hip pain at night as well, he also has OA and Fibromyalgia.
  • Thanks it is more the side of hips when I lay on them like i'm laying on rocks. I hade my thyroid removed because of nodules the first one was at 17 they took 1/2, then in 98 a nodule appeared on the other half so they removes that. So I have been thyroid free since 1998 and have been taking synthroid.